For anyone who voted conservatives at the last election

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by SuperTyke, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't know anyone who votes Tory and I could never vote for the scumbags myself. The problem I have is that until one of the smaller parties or a new one comes along and galvanised the British public, I cant think of a remotely credible alternative. Looks like the greens or an independent again for me. Christ, what a hit shitshow we are in with British politics.

Redstone and Stephen Dawson like this.
  2. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I do, he seems to have been around for years.

I remember time and again seeing him interviews, hair all over he shop, seriously thinking who in their right mind would vote for that.... (Seems to be a theme here)

And now we have Johnson. Plenty it seems.

Although I've always named him fabric*nt personally

S74 Red, t'owd man and lk311 like this.
  3. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The majority of the BBS.
    Don't forget the PM has advisors. I reckon this cntu only uses em if it suits his own agenda. And protects the party funders (eg ppe providers without competition) and those who provide personal favours. Looks after the rich and puts the onus on those who can least afford the cutbacks.
    Dominic Cummings was hung out to dry after that cntu used him and defended him initially to try save his neck.
    They'll all be running scared at the mo. Putting as much distance between em as possible.
    So you don't have to be a rocket scientist to be PM. As the advisors give guidance.
    I personally wouldn't trust anyone in the tory party. But can I give an honest opinion on every one of them. ? No. As I don't know enough about most of em. They are the party of the haves to keep their lifestyles and not the have nots.
    As for Charisma in the labour party. You have a point sadly. But charisma is a poor reason to vote for someone. Values and morals have to be the biggest reason to vote for anyone. And I would personally vote for any party with more values than the tories if it meant em losing their seat in parliament.

4. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Corbyn.
    All the working class worried about how he would pay for his policies. ? Answer, Those who can afford it most be it business or personal.
    He was targeted by the right wing press. Which the working class swallowed, hook, line and sinker. Most of which was proved to be lies. But made the small print.
    Angela Raynor if not Starmer would be a good shout. I think she has appeal.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    thetykester, Sestren and Snaptin like this.
  5. Snaptin

Snaptin Active Member

Retired teacher
    Currently between italy and Barnsley (Pogmoor)
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Angela Raynor has put in some impressive performances while deputising for Starmer in PMQ's. Be a good shout for a future leader imo.

6. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    she comes across as a ranty blunderbuss. She certainly doesn’t look like a leader in waiting.

But blunt instruments have their value. Prescott could get away with saying things Blair couldn’t.

7. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Reading this thread it's a good job I couldn't give two f cuks what people think of me.

portsmouth tyke and jedi one like this.
  8. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This exactly; someone like Raynor appeals hugely to the base, especially when she’s on the attack. But there’s no way that is attractive to floating voters.

Just like everyone crying out for Starmer to get aggressive. You might find it attractive, but it’s ultimately counterproductive.

As for the Labour ‘base’; whilst ever we’re still having ‘but Corbyn’ discussions, we’ve no chance of moving on.

Whilst the Left are currently smashing up the furniture over anti Semitism or the false war between old school feminists and the LGBTQ community, the Tories can happily get away with selling off the NHS and making the working class buy their mates villas.

They’re laughing at us, and I don’t know what the answer is; but it’s not ‘who leads the Labour party’ it’s much deeper than that. They’ve created division in society that couldn’t have been better designed to destroy the cohesive ‘left’.

9. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With respect Stephen would you vote for these feckers again. Surely not. And if you would. What endears you to em. Cos I can't think of one thing tbh. You don't get much grief because you don't champion em. Or believe me, folk would let rip. Including me.

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  10. thetykester

thetykester Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Spoken like a true Tory, Tories do not give a fck :(

11. Stephen Dawson

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In answer to the question. No I wouldn't. I'm one of those people referred to in the OP though. Best thing I could have done was not read the thread or not posted and shrugged it off. It does **** me off when people are character referenced through which way they voted. I've admitted I made a mistake and gave my reasons for voting the way I did on more than one occasion. Also my constituency (Wingfield) in Rotherham remained Labour. So I didn't directly contribute to the Tories getting in as my vote didn't matter in our voting system. It just meant my local Labour M.P didn't get as many votes.

Cod Eye likes this.
  12. Stephen Dawson

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I still care about other people.

CarltonRed likes this.
  13. t'owd man

t'owd man Well-Known Member

Skivvy for r lass
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    He's got to have a brass kneck and a very thick skin to appear in public wearing that thing on his head, personally I can't remotely take anything he says as serious when he comes on tv looking a complete c---t. What is more amazing is the fact he has a wopping majority, how can any sane person look at him in that get up and say yep he'll do for me. He looks like summat the monster raving loony party would put up.

Brush and Stephen Dawson like this.
  14. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Which is why you wouldn’t vote for them again.

You don’t have to be a heartless selfish ***** to vote Tory once. Misguided maybe. Disheartened by a Labour leadership you couldn’t back. Misled by a right wing bias against all opposition. Misled by the lies of the party you voted for. It could be any, all or none of those reasons. Doesn’t matter. You are one of many thousands of Tory voters in working class constituencies who wouldn’t vote the same way again.

You pretty much do have to be a heartless selfish ***** to continue to support them in the face of all that has happened - and it appears you don’t.

I’m all for attacking the conmen and not the conned, to coin a phrase posted in this thread earlier. But I’m also going to strongly oppose anyone who continues to be ‘conned’. And there are very many - on top of the ‘for life’ tories who are in the main fundamentally selfish, uncaring little englanders. A mixture of toffs, middle class folk who aren’t nearly as well off as they think they are, and far-right bigots.

We need Labour to take and hold the centre ground. Keir is very bland at the moment but he’s not an idiot. Just being uncontroversial and letting the government self destruct is a fair tactic for now - and he has a perfect deputy to do the bile spouting for him. Rayner is Prescott to Starmer’s Blair.

15. Rosco

Rosco Well-Known Member

Optimist
    Born in Birdwell, living in Sin (well...Cheshire).
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We'll never know, because Boris thought he had the intellect and energy to do the job himself.

But he has neither.

Unfortunately too many (and they mainly seem to be Tory) politicians are driven by megalomania and Kruger-Dunning effect than by actual ability.

16. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think Stephen admitting you made a mistake. (And I could tell from your posts you weren't a died in the wool true blue.)Raises you way above the level of those that defend the indefensible. Don't forget many MP's have crossed the floor. It's not unique.

17. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You do realise she's a Northern working class Women with a strong Northern accent. Dave Cherry has more chance of being elected PM, and he has less than no chance.

18. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This takes boll0cks and should be applauded, not scorned. I imagine there are lots out there who are the same as you but wouldn't admit it. And as long as they learn from mistakes, that's fine by me.

19. Snaptin

Snaptin Active Member

Retired teacher
    Currently between italy and Barnsley (Pogmoor)
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes but what a kick in the nuts it would to the Tories be if she did become PM. You're right - she was brought up in Stockport where she left the school at sixteen when she was pregnant and later studied Social Care becoming Unison rep. School of hard knocks springs to mind!!

anstonred, Tarntyke and Connor like this.
  20. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not at all Stephen. This is one of the posts I was hoping for (not you specifically as I didnt remember who you had voted for). Someone who will come out and say they made a mistake. I expected a lot of silence from people who don't have balls to admit they made a mistake and silence from those who secretly defend bozo but I hoped to read people saying they messed up. It makes me feel better that people who voted for them now wouldn't.