Fortunately OpenReach to the rescue

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Farnham_Red, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Thanks to them I cant watch the Middlesborough game free now
    Woke up this morning to find no landline or internet on either our personal phoneline nor my company provided work line.
    A few checks show a fault taking out all the phones supplied from the cabinet we get ours from -- even the shops 1/2 a mile away
    Openreach claim they will fix it by Monday!!!!
    Reported the work line which has supposedly a faster fix time on it and the best I get from Zen is that Openreach have promised them an update by end of Thursday. so no way will I have working internet by tomorrow night

Having to work tethered to my cell phone, fortunately there is a good 4g signal so its not a big problem
    I get all my Sports TV via BT though, so wont be able to watch tomorrows game via the Red button and I am sure the NOWTV app on my phone or PC doesnt give redbutton - only sky main channels so if I want to watch it I have to fork out £10 for iFollow. Under normal circumstances I probably would but I am not paying £10 to the club in present circumstances

Redhelen likes this.
  2. TonyTyke

TonyTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As you know, don't blame Zen. They get **** information from Openreach and relay what they have. They are stuck in the middle, and I wouldn't be surprised if you get updates faster than Zen do. You can see engineers working in your street, Zen have to rely on a system that probably won't be updated, and if isn't they have to call (or web chat) a person in India who is so tied to a script and isn't allowed to 'think outside of the box'*.

* I hate that phrase.

Farnham_Red likes this.