Fury Wilder III

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Marc, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No idea how Wilder lasted until the 11th Round. Not only that, another 30 seconds of Round 10 and Fury was going down for a third time, despite Wilder looking like the Walking Dead from Round 6.

Unbelievable fight. Massively dislike Wilder but credit where it’s due he showed incredibly guts. Fury was excellent again and won 90% of the fight.

I said it would be a lot closer than the last one with a few sketchy moments. We certainly got that!

I think the Whyte fight is entertaining but is a Fury win. Then hopefully it’s Fury vs. AJ/Usyk followed by the winner vs. Joe Joyce.

We need undisputed somehow.

2. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That was amazing. There’s been some good heavyweight fights in the last few years but they’ve been more memorable for a couple of great rounds or great moments. That was a great fight all way through. Fair play to them both for the heart they showed.

3. Sew

Sewellm23 Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was a great fight, worth getting up for. Fury showed his boxing class again. I can’t see anyone in the division beating him in the next couple of years.

Really poor from Wilder not showing sportsmanship at the end, but it doesn’t surprise me.

4. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well I called that wrong big time didn't I lol great fight to be honest ...I saw 1st round and start of the second then lost Internet got fight back on mid way through the 5th and couldn't believe how unsteady wilder looked....hope the lad is OK he didn't appear to be when he left the ring though..heart of a lion kept going even though it looked like the ear drum had burst again...bleeding from the ear but let's not take any credit away from Fury fought really well twice on his backside in one round much respect for the never say never attitude ..another with the heart of a lion...2 top athletes at the top of their game
    Thought wilder looked in the best physical shape of the two whilst fury looked to be carrying a little bit of flab around the mid rift or was it the shorts lol either way congratulations to Fury on retaining the belt and commiserations to wilder both fighters put on a great entertaining fight.....once again let's hope wilder gets the best medical attention and isn't too long before he's back on his feet and in good health

5. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Really hope when Wilder has a bit of time on it he comes out and show some respect. He's talked so much crap that he probably feels he can't back down from it. So much respect for what he has done in the ring but he's looking like a absolute fool out of it.

6. She

Shepley Red Well-Known Member

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    AJ doesn't stand a chance against either Fury or Wilder...

7. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    AJ/Wilder could go either way. Fury does not punch hard for a heavyweight. If AJ landed on Wilder he would put him away.

8. red

red24/7 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wilder is just a 14stone man, you can put as much muscle on as you like but your going to Gas, credit to him for lasting so long but Tyson got it done as soon as he remembered he had a jab

9. kor

korky Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    fantastic scrap, dunno how wilder kept going and still looked like he could land 1 on fury late on
    also had a tenner on fury 60 punches in 1st 6 rounds @6/1 ;-)

judith charmers likes this.
  10. Arc

Archerfield Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well that certainly did not disappoint. Fury showing how a boxer beats a puncher. He is the best heavyweight out there and I don’t think Usyk would dismantle Tyson like he did AJ, but that remains to be seen.

When boxing is good it really is great to watch.

Wuz1964 likes this.
  11. tob

tobytyke1999 Active Member

that was a great watch, greatest British heavyweight of all time

seethi likes this.
  12. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Always said Wilder niva fought anybody who the yanks thought was dangerous 40+ knockouts but ya may as well write down the 1st 40 names in the West stand bogs cos at least ya may recognise one..Ortiz was the only noted boxer but he was over the hill and still nearly did him..So enter Fury who 1st fight was far too long away from the ring and had to lose the the weight of a jockey to get in the ring..as we all kno he won except for the USA judge who embarrassed American boxing but plenty been said on that..Fight 2 and a fully fit Fury comes along and finally Wilder fights a real opponent and gets battered.. This time Wilder gets up for a proper fight and shows he's better than many thought and loses but with heart and determination. Fury proved he is the man and will mop up over next couple of years..

13. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know he now wants a deserved rest but I hope he finds time for this :)

14. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Shout out to Whitey who i have to say has been consistent in his support and prediction for Fury. When all others have faltered he has stayed strong.

On an interesting note. To watch a full evening of boxing last night am i right in thinking you would have needed to pay a BT subscription, a DAZN subscription and for a PPV box office?

15. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You can buy BT Sports Box Office without a subscription. I did for the first fight I think. Possibly online though.

A DAZN subscription gets you loads of other fights every month as well don’t forget. Crazy value overall if you’re a boxing fan

16. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    yeah but BT sport had another card fight right? Was that part of the sub or part of the PPV for fury? So i have a BT sub - so could have watched that. But if i wanted to watch Smith / Fowler i would need to pay DAZN? Then the PPV. I guess its ok if you are an hardent boxing fan but not great for us casual fans.

17. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The BT Sport card with Callum Johnson was free to air (as in free with your BT subscription).

A casual fan wouldn’t care about that particular card too much and will have no idea who Anthony Fowler is. See your point though with the different networks.

18. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Big big call when you’ve got Lennox Lewis fighting in a far better era. They’re definitely the top two though, but at the same time we can’t on one hand say Wilder’s boxing CV is an embarrassment (which it is other than Ortiz) and then on the other hand put him above Lennox.

Fascinating debate to have but I think Lennox’s ring activity and some of the contenders he destroyed time and time again put him on top.

Redstone and redrum like this.
  19. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If Wilder landed on AJ it would be the same. The legs would wobble and it'd all be over.

20. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was a phenomenal fight. The Gypsy King reigns supreme, what a man