Future PM?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Brush, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The ‘we’ includes us all.

Personally I hope Johnson sees out his whole term and things just get worse and worse.

They got what they voted for and especially the northerners who let xenophobia and let’s face it racism, cloud their judgement need to face the consequences of their actions.

2. Gegenpresser

Gegenpresser Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Silly post, wishing millions of innocents to suffer just to prove a point.

You only get one life, and I want the best for all as soon as possible.

3. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  4. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No I want millions of people to get exactly the Govt they voted for. They are adults.

Johnson was and is an entitled lazy proven liar there are no surprises in how this is turning out.

I’m doing fine under BoJo so they can too. After all they voted for him. I voted for the jam making allotment bloke. Not my responsibility

You might feel the need to patronise racists I don’t I believe they are big enough and old enough to face the consequences of their decisions.

5. Gegenpresser

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Yet you don't care if millions who didn't vote for him suffer in the meantime. For as long as possible. Most people didn't vote for this government.

You also seem to think that anyone who didn't vote for Magic Grandpa is a racist. Which is ridiculous.

You hope it all gets worse and worse. For everyone. Basically because we live in a democracy and democracy needs to be taught a lesson. A democracy which you seem to consider has a racist majority. Which is utter ******.

Who's the reasonable man? Me wanting the best for everyone? Or you, wanting to punish everyone for as long as possible just to prove a point?

cudeth red likes this.
  6. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People had a choice vote for the ineffective but harmless jam bloke or the pile the bodies high guy. They chose the latter. They get to live with that choice. They are adults.

Yeah the majority of people who voted leave and then voted tory did so because they are racists. Not all of course. If you don’t think that leave was win by pandering to racism and the tories didn’t win the last election with more of the same then no one can help you.

Yes we live in a democracy. Part of that is living with the consequences of how you voted. It will get worse and worse because people voted for a party led by a man who had been fired for lying from every job he has ever done.

And ageism isn’t a great look for someone so ‘caring’. So If you are playing the nice guy maybe watch the casual prejudice.

7. Gegenpresser

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Sorry. I meant Magic Grandperson. I'll tone down the casual mysticism too from now on.

So let the people suffer then. For as long as possible. Easy to say when you're doing fine. Fair enough.

cudeth red likes this.
  8. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  9. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Here are your people.

https://fb.watch/ayZUSXsX4c/

-
    and yeah that’s still ageist.

10. Gegenpresser

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    All the people live under this government - not just the vox pops you randomly pick out.

You want all of us to suffer, apparently. For as long as possible. No doubt the more we suffer, the better.

If things take a turn for the better, no doubt you'll be heartbroken.

Fair enough with the other bit - he is a grandperson but he isn't magic.

11. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    'They weren’t scared in Lockdown No 1 without vaccines when we were all terrified. Yet they’ve emptied cities with work from home , ploughing us with injections and got masks on our children in schools 2 years later! Invest in the NHS , pay people properly and open up you frauds!' G. Neville

Gary's alright by me.

TonyTyke likes this.
  12. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The we doesn't include us all at all. We didn't all vote for the racist

13. Did

Didcot Red Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The "we" I refer to is a "national we". The popular vote at the 2019 went against the Conservatives as it does against all "winning" parties in our flawed electoral system. The sooner this is changed the better imho. However, enough people voted for the Tories to confirm him as our PM and we have an individual totally unfit to lead a country. Perhaps people who have his future in their hands are beginning to see him in a true light. Let's hope so.

For the record I did not vote Conservative either, but I am sure that is no surprise to you.

14. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't argue with what he says really, given the apparent benign nature of omicron.

On a more cautious note, there's no guarantee that there won't be a more dangerous variant yet to emerge.

15. Redarmy87

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes but this was way before even the whimper of Omicrom don't forget, their parties at number 10. When legal restrictions said that people couldn't leave their homes except for food, exercise and medicine.

And I'm in no doubt that your warning will come to fruition, and a new variant will emerge in time for the next booster campaign, it will cause an unprecedented tsunami - perhaps a tornado this time - of cases, and we should all be petrified.

16. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was only sounding a note of caution. As far as the scientific community is concerned, it's believed that viruses mutate to a less dangerous version due to the evolutionary imperative to survive. Ie the virus won't survive if it kills all it's hosts. We have historical evidence of this in the 1918 Spanish flu, it's descendants are still with us and cause problems every winter. I believe this will happen with COVID but we should be prepared in case it doesn't. Part of that preparation should be proper funding for the NHS....

Merde Tete likes this.
  17. Redarmy87

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Indeed. Time will tell.

Terry Nutkins likes this.
  18. Voi

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I had indeed assumed that you were not implying that you had voted Conservative yourself. My point was really that there is no such thing as a "national" "we". We are all individual "I"s. Unfortunately and inevitably, our individual fates are at the mercy of other individuals.

19. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That is a bit of a fallacy - which only applies to a virus that kills the host before spreading. For something like Covid, which starts to spread before symptoms present, the pressure is to increase transmission to "outperform" other variants and infect as many hosts as possible, there is no evolutionary pressure to weaken its effects after it has spread. Whether the mutations to increase transmission make the virus more or less virulent is down to luck basically.

It can happen that it just fades into something with the prevalence of cold (except for the nasty blood/organ sequelae and long-term damage), or it could spend the next 500 years fading away until a new reservoir of vulnerable people arrives and it all kicks off again. (The Black Death was the start of a 500+ year cycle that included the Great Plague of London with varying levels of endemic plague).

Brush likes this.