Handball at the end?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by fired, May 17, 2021.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Why are you getting angry and facetious? You brought other people into this, I simply responded that there were Barnsley fans who don't agree that the referee had a poor game.

As football fans we are all biased, not sure why you've taken that personally.

I thought the match last night was excellent and wasn't spoiled in any way by the referee. It's set up another great match for Saturday. I think it's a shame that from such a great occasion the focus would be the referee.

2. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not angry at all. Pretty positive about Saturday to be honest.
    Still think the officiating was poor, but certainly didn’t spoil the occasion - came out of Oakwell thinking we can still do this.

3. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Our home crowd tried to ref the game as much as Ayew did with shouting for every decision. The issue with wanting the ref to give you every decision is there will be some you should have got but you won't get because the ref will think you're shouting for the sake of it rather than you have a point.

4. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    From watching on tv biggest shouts had been ones given for Swansea but when same thing happened the other way it wasn’t treated in the same manner. This then escalated the fans a bit more. Biggest source of annoyance seemed to be the way he reacted to Dike tussling and letting it go yet blowing for soft free kicks when the other team went down under little pressure.

Think if Brittain tucked that chance away we would have gone on to win last night. Big 90mins on Sat. We need a 90min performance not just a decent 45 mins.

5. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He didn’t take him out as such it was the trajectory they each took that caused a collision. No way a foul/penalty. Mads making sure he was getting between player and ball. The reaction, or rather lack of, of their player also speaks volumes. My main issue with the ref yesterday was the constant blatant time wasting and only 3 minutes added time

BBBFC and 55&counting like this.
  6. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What garbage, the ref not giving decisions simply because the crowd are appealing for everything. There ‘s a marked difference between shouting on the terraces and players actions/ moanings on the pitch

7. Chi

Chippy red Well-Known Member

Don't think routledge appealed for a pen in that incident, Ayew was moaning of course though.

Chef Tyke likes this.
  8. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley

I agree I thought the referee was extremely poor not not necessarily the ‘big decisions’

it was the time wasting. At points it was actually quite funny it was that bad (Woodman making an easy save and then hurling himself to the floor and rolling round with the ball as infinitum for example ….) and he CHOSE, yes chose to do nothing about it. Nothing. Not a card, not a word and not even adding the time back on that they wasted.

that’s nothing to do with bias etc, it’s bleeding obvious.

9. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bloody hell! I only said I thought the Ref had a decent game. There's no need for a Spanish Inquisition:D (ask your parents). Some observations after reading the three pages.

1. I still think he was okay! I mentioned very early in the game that he needed to book Woodman because his timewasting intentions were obvious. He should have but Refs tend not to do that - I know it's irritating - I was screaming at the TV screen as well
    2. For us to complain at timewasting and general shithousery (in the cold light of day) really takes the biscuit. Your not allowed to be a keeper at Barnsley unless you're in the top three of pain in the arse keepers in Europe - and ours always are. And as for players stealing yards at throw ins - yes it was going on - it always does, seemed to me to get pretty much sorted. My point was these two issues take away from the fact that they outthought and outfought us last night. Theirs was a much better Away performance than our was as the home team. We just sound like a bunch of cry babies and hypocrites if we're bleating on. The game on Saturday might really give us something to bleat on about if we have a truly poor Ref.

3. And as a last point, and to cement my unpopularity, the comments on this thread really show the difference between watching a game live and watching it on the TV. Fifty odd years of doing both have convinced me that generally (just generally) fans at the game have much less idea about what is going on than those watching it on TV. I've lost count of the number of times I've been at a game convinced we've been absolutely cheated by biased incompetent Officials and then seen the replays on the Box and realised the bias and incompetency might be a little closer to home. That's not a criticism. I'd always want to watch a game 'live' but I do think it gives you a perspective on what you are seeing that is sometimes a little less than accurate, and dare I suggest it - a touch biased.

Peace to my fellow BBSs and I still think we'll turn it around. The good news is we'll all be watching it on the TV so might get a similar perspective.

10. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think your observations are right on the money.

11. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ahh - just realised we’re talking about a different incident. Routledge was only on in second half - so the one you’re on about was at the North Stand? I thought we were talking about a penalty claim in the first half where Mads did a brilliant tackle in the box, in front of the Ponty.

12. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Too soft on giving free kicks against DK, biggest problem was he never pulled them up for time wasting - only added 3 minutes - how many away games this season have we had 5-6 minutes of extra time?

13. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I knew beforehand that he was a wâňķ ref.

All the hallmarks of what you would expect of an official on the take - not that I think he was, he's just useless.

Letting their keeper take the ball out for dinner, engage in foreplay, fùck it, and then breakfast the next morning before he elects to release it.

Dike getting pulled up for everything, but them getting soft free kicks virtually all the time.

We are at fault for wasting so many opportunities. But we were not helped one iota by a ref whose eyes are painted on. Disgraceful.

dfic and Dalestykes like this.
  14. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Chuckling at the imagery you conjure up.

Baka likes this.