Hardly anybody there.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Terry Nutkins, Dec 17, 2021.

1. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like north Shropshire a message has been sent and like North Shropshire it will be ignored by the clown in charge.

2. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Image1639785777.832041.jpg

5 mins before kick off.

3. Ses

Sestren Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For a bit of perspective, my bar was quieter tonight than on your average weekday, and it's supposed to be the busiest night of the year. We took a third to half of what we would on a normal (2021) Friday, and perhaps a quarter of what I'd have expected for the same night pre-covid.

If anybody gets a positive test from now on then it's bye bye christmas.

JamDrop likes this.
  4. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    12,086 (1,096 WBA)

Official attendance (tickets sold).

I reckon about 7,000 in reality.

Hats off to you all - who attended - in these tough times we're living in. And thank you for helping to raise nearly £2,000 for the foodbank, and for filling collection bin after collection bin with items of food. Super proud of that.

Enjoy your Christmas, Reds.

leeupo, bfc1001, John Peachy and 12 others like this.
  5. Gravy Chips

Gravy Chips Well-Known Member

Web Designer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At most. Working the turnstile we had to check everyone's COVID pass/lateral flow and record every singe attendee on paper as they went in. It doubled the time to let every person in and I was still less busy than a normal matchday. I think mostly down to the timing though; cases through the roof and nobody wants a COVID positive Christmas. That and uncertainty over queuing, what to do, etc etc. Nobody's fault at the club, just a perfect storm

bfc1001, JamDrop and Farnham_Red like this.
  6. Wuz1964

Wuz1964 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I find it really bizarre why they don't just announce the attendance as what it is!
    I was reckoning 6,800 there last night... 1,500 in the Ponty, 1,000 Baggies and the rest in the East Stand.
    Interesting to note that the West Stand was safe enough to allow a camera crew on the roof!o_O

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  7. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's good going for the food bank. Been a while since I could see the white seats of the East stand but having room round my seat meant I wasn't getting up all the time and could enjoy my flatbread ( very tasty and filling @Lee Bfc so every cloud and all that!

John Peachy likes this.
  8. ATY

ATYKE1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks YT.
    I reckon if we were 3rd in the league we’d be taking more than 1000 to WBA - even the week before Xmas.

Redhelen likes this.
  9. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not so sure we would with it being Mad Friday and on the TV. Don't think 3rds good enough in their eyes either!

JamDrop likes this.
  10. Spa

Sparkfield red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On tv last Look North it showed a Barnsley fan outside the ground who wasn’t allowed into the match even after showing his vaccination card which they give you when you have had the jab.So I am surmising that this is not good enough to get into places that need proof of being vaccinated.

Redhelen likes this.
  11. Did

Didcot Red Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My Didcot ST holder mate made the journey last night. A commendable effort. I stayed home and watched the fog.

Redhelen likes this.
  12. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What EFL rule is that? I've googled and can't find anything at all. I've also read the EFL regulations for 2021 and can't find anything.

13. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My daughter couldn't get hers up on her phone so I was wondering where she's got to when I went through the turnstiles. She'd screenshotted mine for me but hadn't done here and the Wi-Fi reception was rubbish near the turnstiles!

14. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Simple admission. I totally forgot Barnsley even had a match (I won't say 'were playing' as they haven't done that for some time IMO) . I only found out when my missus was on the laptop this morning and asked me if I knew they were playing last night?. Show how my interest in the team I have supported and followed for 54 years as well as football in general has plummeted.
    It is very depressing to see the sport I loved to watch so much and, importantly, could afford to watch even as a youngster spending my own pocket money has become a plaything for the rich and media obsessed. The wages earned by footballers, sh*t-housery and diving usually condoned by the pundits has risen astronomically over the years with no signs that the skill / entertainment levels have risen proportionately.
    Almost all of the current squad (admittedly from the little I have seen) are not fit to lace the boots of the likes of the Winstanleys, Robsons and Glavins to name but three, from previous decades.
    Nor is it a 'knee -jerk reaction to the current season's woes on and off the field. The hype, cheating and manipulation to satisfy the media in sport in general (evidenced by the recent debacle in another sport which albeit has always been awash with money i.e. F1), means it has become corrupted by the need to 'entertain the masses' overriding ethics and fair play.
    I know we oldies bang on about 'the good old days', through rose tinted specs but, just occasionally, we may have a point. For the younger ones, what you never had you probably never missed.

15. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I find it rather sad when I read this thread that some of the contributors seem to be taking pleasure in the fact the home support was low , but considering that the match was on tv, it was mad friday , the problem with covid plus covid passes & there were no buses then I say a big well done to the fans who went & I especially enjoyed the fact that the fans got behind the team from the first minute to the last , whilst I will not be rushing out to buy the DVD I am pleased I went .

16. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I take pleasure in it because our immoral owners pretend they do not know what supporters feel but when the empty seats are staring them right in the face they cannot avoid the issue. I hope it starts costing them a fortune

17. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And people thought I was a wimp when I said how the Moderna affected me (mostly my arm) when they were all shrugging their AZ ones off :p I’ve had Moderna every time. Hopefully, you’re feeling much better today and your immune system is ready for a fight if needed.

Redhelen likes this.
  18. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I detest the owners to a passion & look forward to the day they are gone but supporting the reds for me is unconditional & as I listed numerous reasons why fans chose not to go I doubt many were as a protest against the owners & until there is a coordinated protest organised against the owners formulated by the fans then individual protests are futile & to come on here & gloat about the team not getting support is frankly pathetic .

Redhelen and ATYKE1 like this.
  19. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Better fan alert.

20. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for that. Openness and transparency. Appreciated.

SuperTyke likes this.