How encouraging

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by troff, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And now the end is near.......

Redhelen and Kettlewell like this.
  2. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Both wingers I understand and the better of the two is Anthony Elanga who is a Swedish U21 who has scored 7 goals in 8 games playing under none other than Mr P Asbaghi. If Man Utd are letting him out and we can't persuade him then we might as well pack up.

Packing up is what I now feel I have to do. After 40 years of 40 plus games per season this season has been an absolute toil of what always used to be a rare pleasure in my life. I made up my mind at Christmas that if the owners didn't give it a right good go and move heaven and earth in this transfer window then I would stop doing so too. However, the statement and, more pertinently, the mindset in the tweet above confirms my fears and the fact that it was more than half-expected still makes it no less insulting. I'll always have the well-being of the eleven blokes in red that cross the white line each game at heart and want them to win whoever they are, I'll still do the new grounds like Forest Green and the good days out like Accrington next season but no more of my money is going into the pockets of these inept charlatans who have ripped the heart and soul out of the club and my team.

3. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There’s a question with for the CEO, are you now seriously just taking the piss?

4. red

red24/7 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    why would all these experienced star players want to join a poor team,on its way to league 1

Redhelen likes this.
  5. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, that’s right.

Only players who’ve barely played a first team game and that are under 23 would ever consider signing for Barnsley. There’s nobody, say 26 or 27, with a few hundred first team games behind him, mainly at say, league one or two level, that would see the club as a step up even if going down this season.

There’s nobody in a championship squad that’s 30 plus and not getting a game who’d snap our hands off for a run of games, on loan and cheap.

No, we can only sign kids with no experience as that’s all who will sign for us.

Nobody is suggesting going out and buying top championship players who are in the team at their current club.