I Am a Trans Barnsley Fan

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Gravy Chips, May 9, 2021.

1. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thank you for this post, Gravy. I hope everything goes well with your transition and you can be who you have always been without having to hide and pretend.

2. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As far as I see it there are men, women and those that are transitioning between the two. Any of these three states is valid, should be respected and be treated equally.
    Simple.

3. Sionnach

Sionnach Active Member

At the moment? Drinking tea
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's one of the bravest things I ever seen written. Good luck with everything, and everyone in your life.

4. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Agree with this. Still think he's a tw*t!! :)
    eriously though, Sexual preferences, race, creed, skin colour provided they don't have a negative impact on others should make absolutely no difference to how someone is perceived or treated. There are far more relevant and important factors when it comes to determining whether someone is a good person and/or someone you would wish to associate with.

5. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    A subject I know very little about but I'm certain it must be taking a hell of a lot of courage to come through.
    They say to find happiness you need to find something to hold onto, something to motivate and inspire you, may you find yours, good luck in your journey.

6. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wish you all the best, everything else I want to say has already been said in the fantastic replies in this thread

7. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great post. I hope you get to where you need to be and start to have the happy life everybody deserves.
    Whilst these sort of issues have never really crossed my path, a mate told me about somebody he worked with. My mate is, like me, a software developer and for the last 20-odd years has worked at the Steel works at Scunny. One day when they arrived in the office they were all told to report to the boss's office. Once assembled they were told about their colleague who was transitioning from a man to a woman. She continued to work with them for several years as a woman. I can't begin to imagine what she must have gone through and I have the greatest respect for anyone brave enough to do as she did. Years later (2015) I worked with my mate at Scunny and met the woman at the office Christmas party (she'd left a few years before but was still part of the same social group, working in Lincoln). This story shows that whilst it must have been immensely difficult, it was, I believe, a success.

8. Arn

Arnside Red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All the very best , I hope that it works out for you.

9. ronnieGlavinsB@stardSon

ronnieGlavinsB@stardSon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Great post and big hugs for the future :)

10. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All power to you. There are a lot of connected issues around this topic, but based on your story, I wish you nothing but luck, love and respect.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  11. Red

RedVesp Guest

A well put together post about an issue most of us looking at it from the outside will never truly understand.

You clearly have guts and heart in abundance.

Post of the year so far mate.

12. Plankton Pete

Plankton Pete Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In my opinion, this post shows a similar level of bravery to that Steve showed back in the day battling cancer. Good look with your transition.

13. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I don't want to assume Gravy wants to be referred to as she/her at this point, but I think one of the most supportive things we can all do is ask Gravy how they would like to be called by us all. And once we are all aware, to ensure we don't make any slips of misnaming.

14. JamieBreweryStander

JamieBreweryStander Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brilliant mate, I really didn’t truly understand the mechanics behind it all, but you’ve really gone out of your way to explain things in an emotional and intelligent way.
    I hope your transition goes smoothly, and whatever bumps there are along the road, you have made the right decision. ❤️

15. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    As many have already said, that was a very brave post, and took some balls to write(no pun intended!), but that is part of the problem. In this day and age, it shouldn't need someone to be brave to be able to come out to a bunch of strangers on the internet, never mind family and friends. I really hope that in another 10 years or so, we're in a position as a society that this sort of thing can be as natural to "be" as any other gender or sexuality.

16. Jim

JimboBaggins Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great post, and it's brilliant to read such a positive reaction to it in the comments as well.

17. t'owd man

t'owd man Well-Known Member

Skivvy for r lass
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Gravy, this is the main event, it's not a rehearsal, live life how you want, do what makes you happy. I can't imagine the mental turmoil you must go through on a daily basis and I wouldn't think there is much any body could say to ease that turmoil, but as others have said I hope things work out for the best and you transition safely and with pride. Your post was both informative and may I say eye opening and educational to me, as quite honestly it's not a subject I have ever realy thought about, but thanks to you I will in the future.

18. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good luck with everything mate. Very brave of you to write it on here, which I hope is a reflection of how much like a community or family this board can be even if we all argue regularly. Obviously it's much more of a reflection of your bravery and openness which is a credit to you.

It must be an exceptionally hard time for you at the moment and really scary but at the same time must feel like a huge weight off your shoulders.

If you ever need anyone to talk to remember there are a lot on here who will gladly let you ramble on at them. I am certainly not an expert on the subject but I include myself on the long list of people who you can message any time you want to.

19. sir ronald

sir ronald Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well done Gravy, you are so brave. Nobody knows the struggles some people have with their gender identity. I hope your family accept you for the person you are and nothing else. Good luck on your journey and good for you.

20. red

red24/7 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I wanted to do this in circles of people I am around I would get slaughtered, you are very brave, also I would not make a good woman as I would be too big and stand out too much, think it must be easier for a smaller framed male to trans,the people who do it who are big to start off with are very brave, but good luck to everyone who need to do it, if its making you mentally ill, hope you find peace and are happier person

Mr C and arabian_ian like this.