I Am a Trans Barnsley Fan

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Gravy Chips, May 9, 2021.

1. barnsley66

barnsley66 Well-Known Member

Learner Support Assistant/Happy Clapper
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All the best mate. Took a lot of guts to put what you did, and hopefully the reactions are all positive to you.

2. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Late into this thread but can only echo what has gone before. I'm 46 years old and whilst there is still a lot of progress to be made in respect of respect, diversity, equality etc, I think we've seen a significant positive change in many areas such as race, sexuality and so on. Never to old to be educated.

I work in healthcare (Radiology) and I genuinely think that it would be of great benefit to our profession and hospitals and other organisations to have people of the calibre of @Gravy Chips involved with the development of services, facilities in some sort of advisory role. In radiology we have a legal responsibility under the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations to ascertain the possibility of pregnancy in patients of childbearing age. You can imagine the challenge this presents when transgender patients present for diagnostic tests, we may or may not be aware of their gender in advance, or at the time of an x-ray or scan. Genuine serious advice from patients directly affected would be invaluable.

Ironic coincidence, but very recently I had the pleasure of examining a lovely patient, all the correspondence related to "this chap / this gentleman" etc, title on the forms being "Mr". Noticed on some of the scan images that a uterus was present. Didn't have the conversation with the patient after the scan as it wasn't really relevant. But following day the question is then asked from one of our Consultants if we have scanned the correct patient or scanned it with the wrong patients details etc.

I'm very much of the mindset that the best people to advise and help our profession with this are those who it affects directly and understand how poor communication can be hurtful and harmful. The original poster just reinforces this and the thread speaks volumes for where we are now in 2021. It's been a pleasure to read it.

3. Bluebird

Bluebird Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wow.

That is one of the most powerful things I’ve ever read - and particularly on a football forum.

The courage you’ve had in composing this and then posting is unbelievable.

I hope this has served to empower you further and help you go from strength to strength. It’s your life and you should be able to live it as you like.

There’s always going to be small minded people around but it certainly seems that you’ll be strong enough to ignore or deal with them.

Good luck and best wishes for the future.

4. Gravy Chips

Gravy Chips Well-Known Member

Web Designer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lots of good eggs here. I wouldn't have put it on TykesMad or Tykes Talk Facebook, put it that way

TitusMagee and ade like this.