I took two guesses which town centre landlords

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Gordon Owen, May 7, 2021.

1. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The landlords - owners weren't opposed to the event. Just rightly frustrated that especially the pubs (and cafes) couldn't capitalise on the event. Whoever deems the arcade as 'inside' is either deluded or a jobsworth but letting gazebos is OK?!? I need that one explaining to me.

The weather was a bit dodgy that day. How ideal would it have been for, within 100 yards, for people to have another option of sheltered seating and an option of a change of scenery for a pint or bite to eat. I'd guess the Tipi event organisers would agree that option would have enhanced the event and not taken away from it.

I know for a fact the Barnsley pub owners and landlords have been so supportive throughout and post lockdown. Coordinating opening hours, helping eachother with barrells, gas bottles, glasses etc if theyve struggled with deliveries.

Paul and Dave are both sound lads.

As for hosting an event like that themselves..... I'm certain (Loko or Hicksy will confirm) that they'd be an issue with their licence. Also obtaining or hiring a structure that's required, especially after only trading for 10 weeks out of 60 might not be financially viable or even achievable.

All the landlords I know (and staff) go for a pint elsewhere on their days off and with the odd exception are supportive of eachother.

2. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Some proper pr1cks on this thread !!!!

3. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Isn't his rooftop bar open, selling pies as well or summat? Pie and a pint.

4. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know Brett Jackson, whose venture the Tiki Bar is. He used to DJ for my company about 10 years ago, but has set up several businesses in events & is doing well for himself. He's a good lad & deserves every success.

5. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Walked down the arcade on Sunday. All the outside space outside Annie Murrays and Oobar were full of drinkers. Aroma were doing meals so we had a beautiful Sunday lunch there. The rest of the Arcade was shut. With a bit of refurbishment, the Arcade could be a gold mine fir bistros etc.