If this doesn't worry you nothing will

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by StatisTYKE, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Red

RedVesp Guest

The vaccine poses more risk than it has benefits? You really need to show me the data on that one.

It may have been 26th (again, I would like to see that data) on the cause of death list, but it's a preventable illness if everyone uses their brains.

Sage have been rightly taking a cautious approach when it comes to their predictions, when you're dealing with peoples lives I think that's the best course of action.

And "peddling rhetoric"? I've been quoting the Johns Hopkins University and the CDC. Hardly untrustworthy institutions when it comes to disease control.

Mr C and churtonred like this.
  2. Red

RedVesp Guest

Again with the "more risks" claim. Where does this come from? The number of serious side effects reported amongst all age groups is microscopically small, you've got more chance of dying from covid than you do from the vaccine and you keep banging on about how insignificant the covid death rate is...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2021
  3. Red

RedVesp Guest

4. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you’ve not seen the parliamentary debate in Australia where the leader of their WHO has said exactly what I’m saying and repeating?

I literally said I don’t deal in conspiracy theorists and then you’ve just accused me of leading with one.

‘You’ll have to do better than that’. Christ.

5. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Meanwhile in Australia, where the PM has said ‘it’s on the vaccine recipients if they die from the vaccine because they should know the risks: “People have to make their own informed decisions. Every vaccine has risks. They’re not mandatory. We live in a democracy.”

Also adding that deaths from a vaccine are simply part of ‘Pandemic Prevention’.

upload_2021-7-25_11-25-28.png

6. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In Australia, like in many other countries the astrazenica vaccine wasn't given to those under 60 as the risk outweighed the reward. In England we have routinely ignored the international standards and given the AZ vaccine to 30 year olds. We originally gave it to anyone until we too realised that it wasn't safe for young people.

Now Australian politicians are wanting to lower their cut off age for the AZ vaccine and the medical advisors are arguing against doing so based on public safety. The president of the Australian medial association says that the risk outweighs the reward and it's dangerous to lower the age, as does Queensland's chief health officer.
    The Australian Technical advisory group for immunisation object to the use of the astrazenica vaccine in under 60s due to the risk associated with it. They have however been put under pressure from politicians to change their advice and to rule it safe based on nothing but the fact that Australia has a lot of spare astrazenica vaccinations and a desire to use them up. Under political pressure I believe they have now reluctantly backed the idea.

I have no idea of the safety of each individual vaccine but what I can say with certainty is that with so many experts split on their safety and the risk versus reward it's completely wrong to A. ridicule anyone who doesn't believe they are safe and B. Enforce vaccinations via threats to remove freedoms.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    SFOTyke and Loko the Tyke like this.
  7. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hasn’t it been 40 and over since before 30s were called up?

Tykeored likes this.
  8. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm under 40 and was given the AZ vaccine (wasn't given an option) in March

9. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I can say I'm a dancing dog named Brian, it doesn't necessarily make it true.

Again, I'm looking for real evidence that any of the vaccines are more deadly than Covid for any age bracket.

10. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Those in the high risk groups would have gone first regardless of age. Then you’ve got those who were offered because of failed appointments or surplus vaccines, or in areas where they got through their groups quicker.

It was then pulled for that age group at the point the national announcement was made, but dozens of thousands of that age group will have had AZ.

Four of my extended family in that age bracket have had AZ.

11. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did you get it before your age group was called up? It was already pulled by the time I was called up. I could have got one early through school but I wasn’t sure how I felt about that morally and I had a feeling they were going to put the minimum age back based on other countries.

Edit: just saw Loko’s reply and remembered that people in different vulnerability groups would have got it sooner although I guess that would change the risk/benefit ratio if they are particularly vulnerable to Covid.

12. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If someone was in a high risk group there’s still a very good chance that it was less risky to get the vaccine than not. I was offered an early one but it was at the time when it was being reported that having AZ was a tiny bit riskier than not having it and I had a feeling it was going to get pushed back. I also didn’t want to queue jump so decided to wait. I’ve since had Moderna.

13. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes I got it earlier than I should have because they were going spare and I got a call at 7pm asking me to rush over for one. When I was told how many they were throwing in the bin as soon as I'd finished it made me feel less guilty about having it then. I wasn't told it was AZ until after I'd had it.

JamDrop likes this.
  14. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But surely the the fact that they pulled a particular vaccine from an age group due to health risks, even if you don’t believe that risk to be high, would allow people to think coercing vaccines on people through government control and influence is the wrong thing to do?

I’m all for the vaccine, had my first jab within 30 minutes of being pinged for an appointment, but proof of vaccine status over a negative test result just to visit an event or a nightclub is just plain wrong. I think some people replying in this thread are doing so as if I’m an anti-vaxer.

Redhelen likes this.
  15. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I said the other day that proof of negative test should be enough.

Redhelen likes this.
  16. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t think that people are replying thinking that you are an anti-vaxer. Just that people are replying with their ‘facts’ that they have read, trying to neutralise your ‘facts’ that you have read, each person believing theirs to be the one that is most correct.
    Effectively, what is happening, here, is that a bloke from Australia, a woman from China and a person from Peru are arguing with each other on a football bulletin board in a small town in the North of England, and they don’t even know about it.
    Reminds me of when Derren Brown took on the worlds greatest chess players without them even realising they were playing each other through him.

17. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think with everything going on in the world, and how much stress the last 18 months has put on people, the discussion does get forgotten. This isn’t ‘don’t get the vaccine’ and very much ‘COVID passports shouldn’t be allowed’, but the tone doesn’t change even though it should be a much softer discussion to have.

18. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s hardly ‘banging on’ to repeat something about COVID death rates. Anyway, the data you requested is below.

‘Covid was only the 26th leading cause of death in England in June, official data revealed today.

Just 0.9 per cent of fatalities were down to the virus last month — the equivalent of 11 per day, figures from the Office for National Statistics showed. For comparison, heart disease — the country's leading killer — claimed 139 lives per day, 12 times more than the coronavirus.

Of the 38,611 people who died in England in June, just 344 (0.9 per cent) died from Covid. The ONS calculates the figures based on the number of deaths where Covid was the underlying cause. Taking into account all deaths that involved Covid, the virus was linked to 476 fatalities — 1.2 per cent of all deaths in England.

The equivalent figure for Wales is 0.2 per cent, with the virus contributing to five deaths. But Covid was only blamed for two of the 2,560 deaths registered in Wales. The 0.1 per cent of deaths linked to the virus in Wales is the lowest proportion the country has seen so far in the pandemic. It was so low that the ONS was unable to accurately rank it against other leading causes.’

19. Red

RedVesp Guest

Thanks for this.

Maybe "banging on" was a poor choice, similar to your use of "rhetoric".

20. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On the Covid passport:

I think venues need to be free to accept or not. (I'm thinking late bars / clubs, etc). Some that cater for older crowds might take it on. Most bars & clubs aimed at the young, this would be the final straw for their business.

I can understand another country wanting proof of vaccination for entry without quarantine, so some merit to that.

I fear it may be used in draconian ways, like others, but need to see the detail.

I can't see how this is implemented at football grounds, with loads of young kids attending, who are not vaccinated.

PS

I started watching at 10 & was hooked. We need the youngsters at the ground. How do they prove they are too young to get the vaccine?

Redhelen likes this.