IFS verdict that major parties not being truthful

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by MDG, Jun 24, 2024 at 12:09 PM.

1. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    First appointment my Dad was rushed into hospital the evening before, and on the other occasion my daughter was off school sick that morning so I couldn't leave her alone.

You going to fine me for that?

2. Red

Red Rob Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In Ireland you don't make appointments. You go in and wait your turn in hours set aside for walk-ins. Cost €50 to see your GP, plenty of doctors to go around so in theory no long waits.

3. Dwr

Dwrawa Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is my point - you are quoting the system as it stands - they have yet to confirm or deny what I have mentioned which is a concerning stance. Pensions on a platform could also be encompassed within IHT rules - the point is that this would affect the man on the street and not the very wealthiest in society - no clarification has been forthcoming on this. Realistically it's only Labour who need to answer this as they will likely win by a landslide!

On missed GP appointments (And I'm talking not letting the surgery know) - the NHS loses circa £600m a year- there surely has to be some better system s this would pay for 1000s of extra nurses and doctors

4. Dwr

Dwrawa Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The people with millions/billions of wealth will simply leave the country and/or have the availability to the best of the best tax advice which the 'working man' (Yet to be defined) cannot afford

5. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hahahaha that has made my day!

Not the Barnsley South bit - it’s abhorrent that any of these neo nazis are to be elected.

No, what pleases me is, I looked on the charts and reform have 0% chance in my constituency, and so I’ve just looked up the candidates for it and they don’t have anyone listed. Nobody standing in Doncaster North. Bloody marvellous. There’ll be a few knuckle draggers round my way who will be disappointed next week…

wombwell-red and Red Rob like this.
  6. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for that, really interesting.

Red Rob likes this.
  7. Baz

Bazza Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We need Michael Foot or even Corbyn that should get them out .
    Starmer is the best out of the Labour Party to get the middle vote.
    We don't like that but unfortunately we need to get on with it.
    Unless you want 5 more yrs of these B%£#@!*%s .

Hooky feller and Dodgy Back Tyke like this.
  8. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nice of you to pop up btw - 5 years since your last post about Adam Davies.

Welcome back.

9. Dwr

Dwrawa Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  10. wombwell-red

wombwell-red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll be devastated if we have Reform as our MP for this area, nevermind the tax dodging, egotistical selflish Arseh*le that is David White.

SuperTyke likes this.
  11. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Well if your dad was rushed in night before and your appointment at visiting hours and you couldn't make it you should be able to ring up at 8am when the surgery opens and re rearrange then they can give your appointment to someone else. It's when people don't give enough notice or any at all that should be punished do you not agree?

12. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    So you're basically making something up with zero proof or evidence to intentionally scare people? There's no way they change CGT in that manner. If they do change it, they will equalise rates with income tax. As you are aware, the super rich currently use a loophole to evade tax by using CGT scope... Like Rishi Sunak for example. And that won't affect 99% of the population.

13. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    I just looked myself... Wondering if it was a reform or Conservative campaigner given the sudden flood of on message tory diatribe.

14. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's been a few - last week there was a poster doing similar who hadn't posted in 3 years.

Does make you think tbf.

15. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Depends on what kind of taxes you imply.
    There are other ways of controlling the economy eg.

What was said.
    Copied.
    Labour will not increase income tax, national insurance or VAT. Unlike the Tories, we have been clear about how we will pay for our first steps in government: by making the tax system fairer.

• Ending tax breaks for private schools, which exempt them from VAT and business rates.
    • Closing the loopholes which allow some ‘non-dom’ mega rich people who live in the UK to avoid paying tax.
    • Introducing a proper windfall tax on the huge profits the energy giants are making
    As for some of the Mega rich not wanting to contribute to society. Bear in mind they hide most of their vast amounts of wealth anyway. They can fekk off elsewhere selfish ********. But you may be surprised how many would contribute more.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2024 at 2:11 PM
  16. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

To be fair you was in agreement with him you wouldn't have brought it up. Some people post more about politics than football. Some never go games and post on here.

17. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    Some people can't go to games.

But you must admit a 5 year gap from Adam Davies to Labour scaremongering is highly unusual, and all the more at the time of a GE.

18. Dwr

Dwrawa Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So let me put this in perspective. I choose not to post on here, then I choose to give opinions on what I think is an emotive subject to most people - but because it clearly doesn't fit with your beliefs / likely voting strategy then there has to be more to it? I have considered responding to many things over the years and thought better of it - as I'm sure others have. I have no allegiance to any party as I have previously mentioned on posts. I personally feel you have to keep an open mind in politics - not every policy of every party is absolute bobbins - there will be good and bad in all of them. If I do feel like voting I will vote with who suit my beliefs - Keir Starmer may well turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread and I hope he is for everyones benefit - People are sick of the conservative party as they seem rudderless - I don't think Keir Starmer is particularly the person people want - he simply represents a change from what we have had / currently got . Personally I would like to see certain things under the public control such as Rail, Gas , Electric etc which irrespective of who is in power, cannot be touched. Some of labours stances on taxes give me cause for concern - thats not to say it should anyone else.

Whether I have posted on here for 5 years shouldnt really make you think unless you have too much time on your hands . As for the Adam Davies 'debate', well 50 games in 5 years since leaving us says it all - that said, we could do alot worse at this level

I would hazard a guess it's these sorts of reactions that put people off coming back on - it certainly has me. The irony of the reaction is not lost on me - labelled as a reform or conservative campaigner as though folk who vote that way are brainwashed and dont have an opinion - yet your opinion could be driven by a likely brainwashed voter of another party!

It's hardly the greatest of greetings back, yet in reality all I have done is have an opinion / put forward details that could happen - as I said before - this could be from any of the Party's as there's alot of tight lipped goings off at Westminster

Red CB likes this.
  19. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    I've had breaks myself. Its just very unusual to have dozens of posts on a thread about politics which have no basis and are essentially using tory attack lines. That doesn't strike me as open minded, but at best, being easily led.

I haven't voted for Labour, there is much I don't like about their rightward stance and they've crossed multiple red lines. But I haven't posted things that are flagrantly baseless and akin to scaremongering one week before polling day. If we're being open minded, surely its fair to say that has an air of suspicion?

SuperTyke likes this.
  20. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wasn't aimed at you but if the cap fits and again shouldn't matter if he was blowing smoke up starmers arse it wouldn't get a mention.