IFS verdict that major parties not being truthful

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by MDG, Jun 24, 2024.

1. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    If Starmer lies and Hitler lied there's a comparison to be drawn. I don't for one moment think Starmer is a new Adolf Hitler but if he lies (which I believe he does) then he should be called out the same as anyone else should be called out. If the arcangel Gabriel lied I'd call him out too.

Wuz1964 likes this.
  2. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "There's a comparison to be drawn". Really, Kamikaze? Seriously? You're a well-meaning chap, it seems to me. But I'm not sure you have a realistic appreciation of what a dirty game politics is. We desperately need the Tories out. That is the first and paramount consideration. Whatever artfulness that requires is fine by me so long as the right result is achieved next Thursday. As I've said before, Keir may just surprise you if he is in power by next Friday. After all, your biggest complaint about him is that he changed tack after another (leadership) election. Seriously mate, the world will feel a slightly better place if Sir Keir Starmer is First Lord of the Treasury by this time next week. Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2024 at 7:30 PM
  3. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Drop in the ocean, we're getting 350m a week back from Brexit aren't we?

4. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    You believe all you want. Your choice and your vote Mr Kaht. As regards the comparison I think its perfectly fine to say Bloke A lied and bloke B lied therefore they are both liars. I could have said Johnson lied as PM - that would have been accurate too.
    I'll reserve judgement on the next Labour Government and hope ( cos that's all I can do) that things change for the better. You seem like a well-meaning chap yourself but I don't share your optimism at the moment. We'll see.

5. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We will indeed, Mr K. I'm nervous, so self and Lady Kaht will be away next Thursday/Friday. But I had in mind to have champers available for our return on Friday afternoon. But as is the way of things these days my ambitions have been trimmed by my superiors telling me "We'd rather have Prosecco!" Now isn't that a metaphor for the difference between what we'd we'd like, and what we can reasonably expect to get? Let's hope for the best for all of us, whatever that may be! :D:D:D

KamikazeCo-Pilot likes this.
  6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Everyone knew that was ********, obesity costs the nhs 6.5 billion a year missed appointments at g.p practices 100million. If your answer to those problems is just tax the high earners more your abit of a simpleton.

7. Dwr

Dwrawa Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Prevention is better than cure - with obesity , the work to stop it should start in schools - diet, nutrition and kids learning how to bl00dy cook from scratch, rather than lessons about how we didn’t get on with Germans 100 years ago

i work in financial services and I’ve said for years it should be on the curriculum regarding interest etc

it makes me wonder if they don’t want folk knowing too much as it could stifle industries and lessen needs for certain services etc

Django likes this.
  8. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Point totally missed, as per

9. Tarntyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No they didn’t and many still either don’t or conveniently forget. A lot of hurting Tories out there (and some on here) have had their own way for far too long and it’s taken to sink to unprecedented depths for them to acknowledge this

10. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Point totally missed.. no surprise.

11. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Everyone didn't know it was rubbish. Remember everyone knew what they were voting for regarding Brexit. That's what they still say. So that 350m per week extra for the NHS will come in handy regarding missed appointments and balancing the books.

An extra 350m a week means that we don't have to tax your high earners too - everyone's a winner.

Any ideas where the 350m a week is? We left the EU around 230 weeks ago. Now that's a lot of money that the NHS has benefitted from.

12. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

It was farage who kept banging on about 350 million a week wasn't it? You would have to ask him.

You described fining people who fail to show for doctors appointments as targeting the working class i disagree.

13. Tarntyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just Farage was it? well millions of us must’ve imagined prominent Brexit supporting MPs spouting the same rhetoric then