Italy vs Albania

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Redhelen, Jun 15, 2024 at 8:08 PM.

1. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Actually I didn't know he'd missed that many games Frog.
    And btw, wasn't he with Swanny, when they beat us in the 'Val' Play offs season ?.
    And hey, I wish I could have more confidence in Pickford as well these days, but I'm afraid I don't. :oops:

Redhelen likes this.
  2. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Albania one shot on target in less than half a minute and nothing more.

3. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They had atleast 2 shots on target because they almost equalised right at the end, but because referee got it wrong they gave it a goalkick when keeper actually saved it. Shots on target stat is a bit disingenuous, like any other, it can be manipulated. Italy could have had 10 shots on target all from 30 yards out and was a simple catch for opposition keeper.

Yeah he did mate that's correct, both games too iirc. I think Pickford is a good keeper, nothing more, nothing less. Nowhere near the level of keepers other nations have had over the years, Casillas, Buffon, Neuer, in saying that I don't think we've had great keepers in a long time. Would love for Ramsdale to move though and get game time, because I think overall he's a better keeper than pickford mate. He had a great season when he got in team of the year season before last.

4. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It takes me back (again) Frog, to when we had Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence, as our top two 'rival' England keepers. And I also think Man City's Joe Corrigan was the third choice keeper then, at that time.
    Anyway, I rated Jordan Pickford in World cup '18, and I think it was in the Nations League '18-19 as well. When we took the lead in the Semis, and we went on to blow both of those games!. :eek:
    Jordan helped us gain 3rd place, by winning on pens against Schweisse. But he/we aren't helped by Everton's continued lucky relegation escape act seasons.

Tyke The Tree-Frog likes this.
  5. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Rolled over by Albania?