James Norwood

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by TrueRed92, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    IMG_7892.jpeg

Redhelen likes this.
  2. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Unsworth the Manager at a recent interview said the owners had seen what Wrexham & Notts County did last year with some investment and were prepared to give it a go this season.

3. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I'd say that puts to bed any theory that it was his decision and he pushed for a move.

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    look we know you have some bizarre love in for Cole. 1 good season in ten. I’m not counting SPL or a season he scored 10 as a forward.

Norwood is a good L1 journeyman player. He took a long time to get fit and Tedic certainly has the ability to be a far better player than he will ever be. Now we have neither.

Stick with your guns don’t shilly shally now we don’t need a replacement because we have Shaw and Jalo…

5. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I just hope at this fans forum thing we get actual answers to polite but blunt and straightforward questions.

6. Sca

Scawsby Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On the surface this seems like an odd transfer for Barnsley to agree to so I've tried to look at it from a neutral viewpoint.

At Barnsley, Norwood has got 1yr left on his contract (extended before Watters and Dallas signed & Collins arrived). It's highly unlikely that he would be offered another contract next summer. Additionally, he's arguably not got the legs to consistently play 90 minutes at L1 level.

Nevertheless, Norwood is happy to stay and the club are happy to have him.

Then along come Oldham offering a 3yr contract to a 32yr old. This is a long contract at his age & especially at lower league level.
    Additionally, Norwood is likely to be 1st choice there & has more chance of managing 90mins most weeks

As he's posted on Instagram, he's 'gutted to be leaving' but I do think it has been his choice to accept the Oldham offer and the security it offers.

In terms of Barnsley, it's certainly not ideal timing but they still have 4 senior strikers (I'm not counting Iseka!) plus Marsh, Jalo & Dyer hoping to break through as the 5th striker.
    Can argue endlessly as to whether this will be enough firepower - I have my doubts it will be but the club will believe that all the strikers have the potential to improve.
    Whether they do, we'll probably all find out soon enough?

GudjonFan likes this.
  7. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just think Cole gets a hard time by you and alot of fans I've seen plenty better in a barnsley shirt seen plenty worse. Duff seemed to like him as he picked him week in week out he was his 1st choice striker but you know more than him no doubt.

10 as a forward but your getting lip out cos a striker is leaving who scored 11 in 45 in a team who finished 4th get a grip.

Your explanation as to why duff dropped Norwood for tedic is absolute bollix.. because tedic has the ability to be a better player? When 3 years time 6 years? We needed the best 11 there and then.

At what point did I ever say they were 1st choice. Scroll back I literally said Cole watters and dallas would be 1st choice strikers Shaw and jalo will want minutes from the bench and to be back up.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
  8. Deafening Silence

Deafening Silence Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This^

The club signs a player outside of their usual model. They then extend his contract.
    Then they sell him 2 days before the season starts?
    Nothing adds up for this to be wholly the club’s decision.

Scawsby Red likes this.
  9. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Hope there wasn't some kind of feud between him and Khaled, but the other 50% of the info spilled last Saturday has proved to be correct.
    Just seems odd that if we'd planned his departure why was he being used in all the pre season games?
    Everyone saying why Oldham, he could have gone to any L2 club? Well if he got told at short notice after upsetting someone high up that his days were numbered and all he wants to do is play, he may have contacted a few mates and sorted himself a quick move, rather than hang on and hope summat turned up before the end of Aug?

From the insta posts from his ex team mates, he's obviously loved in the dressing room and quite the leader/ father figure. Hope Khaled hasn't sown the seed of unrest amongst team morale, if the season dont start great.

Exile and lk311 like this.
  10. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The lad also claimed that after the game Saturday, Norwood told them he was going and they laughed cos they didn’t believe him and he showed them a text from Unsworth which basically said “are you ready for Monday”.
    He was convinced the transfer would be announced Monday as a result, which of course didn’t happen but the Oldham forum are claiming he started training with them this week.
    That would suggest it was not a last minute thing and makes the decision to play him even stranger.
    The only thing I can wonder is if Collins was hoping it would get resolved at last minute and he would stay.

11. Deafening Silence

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I kind of said that earlier. We will know if Collins is back in Florida by the end of next week!

lk311 likes this.
  12. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All you need to know is he's done a post on there about joining Oldham and in the background of one photo you can see all three PUMA made Oldham kits for sale, just to rub salt in to the wounds :(

13. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    by saying Shaw and Jalo want minutes you are de facto saying don’t replace the departing forward to give those players minutes.

As for Norwood. Plenty better than him out there. Of the players at the club Watters certainly has the potential to be a better player. You just don’t leave yourself 2 days before the session with 2 forwards and a non league punt plus 2 players with zero goals between them.

Cole has scored 33 league goals in 5 and a half years.

pep thinks Tedic is good enough for his 20 grand a week contract so I’m gonna go with his opinion rather than yours who thinks oli shaw is the answer. No offence.

Redhelen likes this.
  14. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

So our star striker leaves for….. Oldham. Not exactly inspiring…

Redhelen likes this.
  15. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I really don’t think Pep will really know anything about Tedic unless his coaching team tell him he’s one to look at. Doubt he really even knows he exists.

Redhelen and redrum like this.
  16. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Whoosh you should be a politician.

I'm definitely not I would hope whoever gets norwoods minutes can score more than 11 in 4t in a team who finishes 4th. I remember selling potts to pne in the middle of a promotion campaign, Jacob brown had just been on loan at Chesterfield and done **** all for them he stepped up took his chance and we wouldn't have got promoted without him. Hopefully dallas or watters can step up.

Like I said he scored plenty last season and was duffs 1st choice striker to your disappointment.

17. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Proper clown you at what point did I say Shaw was the answer? How many times has pep picked tedic for City?

Again your trying to make norwoods 11 in 45 sound better by slagging off another player who was duffs 1st choice striker, you know more than duff?

18. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Stop it your spoiling his moment.

Redhelen likes this.
  19. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can't see how that reads as his decision.

20. Deafening Silence

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You clearly don’t have the right agenda…