JAQ

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by thetykester, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Ed The Red

Ed The Red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep, agree with this. All the abuse is totally out of order.

2. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Bottom line for me is..... Has Jaq done anything wrong that suggests she doesn't care about her role or BFC? Has she slagged anyone off or been rude? Has she said Barnsley is a shi.t tip?
    The answer to all is no. Therefore the nastiness is entirely because of moronic knuckle-draggers on X. Jaq is entitled to complete support simply because she has been abused after doing nothing wrong whatsoever.
    If there's something specific about what she's doing then call it out by all means and explain why its poor but knee jerk abuse really is pathetic (and Ill add we do get it on here fairly frequently and its also pathetic)

3. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I used to have a gold pig, but I swapped it for a Willy Wonka golden ticket. I was conned, I wasn't happy!. :(

4. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's absolutely no need for the abuse, it's out of order.

Equally, as an owner, she's brought nothing to the football club but more of the same managed decline and selling everything that isn't nailed down. Instinctively i like her and think she's a good person, but as an owner there's nothing any different to Conway. She's failing. It's possible to say that though without personal attacks and abuse.

I do also think that there's a danger that she comes across as slightly antaganostic, and that's all good when you're successful. When you're constantly weakening the team and operating a division below where this football club has traditionally been - not so much.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  5. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How can JAQ or the Board be judged as "failing" when we, as a club, are exactly in the position we would be expected to be given the change in football in recent decades?
    Next season we'll have yet another financially doped lower league club to contend with in Wrexham.
    What people who claim they are failing actually want is a Board that will throw tens of millions at us. Go out and find someone then!

6. She

Sheriff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Which, as Archerfield has pointed out on another thread, ours have done to the tune of £10.2m so far.

55&counting, anstonred and ATYKE1 like this.
  7. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If operating at a disastrous annual loss and yet still failing to reach historical normative standards isn't failure, I genuinely dunno what is.

8. ade

ade Well-Known Member

IT manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    JAQ and the board are doing an amazing job and certainly have my backing.

9. She

Sheriff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's the financial reality of how the club has operated since coming out of administration so, by your measure, every owner we've had since then has failed equally or worse than the current ones. Cryne funded the club by loans which would only ever be repayable on the sale of the club or promotion to the Premier League, Conway/Lee put nothing in and actually tried to used club funds to pay part of the the purchase price for the club, and they're the ones who've left us in League One after the worst season of mis-management in living memory and, essentially heading for administration unless someone stepped in who was prepared to fund it again.

Other than selling players at a profit, how do you expect the situation to change if/when we reach the Championship again (the historical normative standard you refer to?) We'd get more income from TV deals, but to operate within the bottom 3 budgets in that division (which we will certainly fall within) this would get eaten up in increased player wages. The situation just reverts to one where there's a slightly better chance of being able to operate at break-even.

What would you do differently, as an owner, to fix this that the current ones aren't doing already?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  10. Kev

Kevin Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    the only things that needs to change is the recruitment and contracts. The spreadsheet works now and again but look at the money lost with the recent recruits. Dallas, Shaw, Watters to name a few, it’s too scattergun in the hope they pay off. In regards to contracts, they can’t keep letting our better players contracts run down to nothing and letting players leave for free to try and replace a full squad season after season this also includes player sales.

11. Mr BFC88

Mr BFC88 Well-Known Member

BBS's best fisherman
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "JAQ and the board have my backing" - seen this pretty much word for word, many times online over the last few days. It'd akin to repetitive programming. Like during the "pandemic", where everyone parroted what they'd heard on the news "safe & effective", "just a few weeks to flatten the curve".

Keep on repeating this stuff over and over again and you'll start to believe it.

They're not the worst owners we've ever had, far from it. But I honestly think that we could and should be doing a lot better, both on and off the pitch.

I remain hopeful that the new look management team upstairs including the DOF will give us a clear identity starting from next season. A clear plan without odd constraints on signings like their age.

12. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Since the "new board " took over we've had a Wembley play off final,looking like we're going in to another play off campaign and board members paying money in the club to keep us moving forward.Promotion is never guaranteed but I would suggest 2 consecutive playoff campaigns is some kind of success that most clubs in league one would bite your arm off for.
    As for transfers people keep referring to the spreadsheet.The spreadsheet is just one component of how recruitment is made.

JLWBigLil, 55&counting and anstonred like this.
  13. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    She has my full support.

Despite the number of members on the board, and their varying degrees of ownership and control of the club, she's seemingly always the target of both criticism and abuse.

For me, she's actively trying to drag this club out of the 20th century, and suffers nothing but unwarranted backlash constantly.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  14. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Your right Archey.Shes modern,dynamic and seems genuinely excited about BFC.
    Face to face she has shown she can handle herself.Unfortunatly social media is the cowards way of engaging with people.

JLWBigLil likes this.
  15. anstonred

anstonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    JAQ has promoted the women’s team this season & it’s been a resounding success - I’m proud that we have a women’s team! I seem to remember that someone was banned from Oakwell for online abuse about JAQ & some tried to play him the “victim card” on here. Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences. I’m fully behind JAQ, not the idiot trolls