Jay Slater who's missing in Tenerife

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by SuperTyke, Jun 22, 2024.

1. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We go to Tenerife 5 or 6 times a year, Masca is beautiful. The locals aren’t too keen on the influx of tourism that’s been thrown onto them though. They built a new road to go up there during covid, and since lockdowns were lifted the locals have seen tourist tax added to their local shops etc.

Anyway, we went up as part of a tour. There’s another little town nearby that is all decorated in bright colours, it attracts alot of the “insta shot” kind of people but the name escapes me, but the tour guide told us that along that new road there has been hundreds of muggings, assaults on tourists.

2. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    And that is just baffling to me. Choosing a 11 hour walk rather than waiting 2 hours. Now it's appears that is what happened tragically.

3. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I still don't get how the police never spoke to the person who saw him last (the x dealer) who rented out the place jay slater was allegedly at last. He also only rented it out for two hours??? Now back in UK.
    Seems the authorities have been very quick to tidy this one up ....too many people lying to believe anything concrete but I guess the science will give us the truth.
    If it were my son ....I would absolutely getting another autopsy away from Tennerife.

4. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I guess he felt like making a start and actively working towards where he wanted to be was better than waiting around even though logically it makes no sense. 11 hours is an insane walk though, I could imagine choosing a 3 hour one maybe.

Redstone likes this.
  5. Gimson&theBarnsleys

Gimson&theBarnsleys Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was doctor Moseley ill?

6. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He told his wife he wasn’t feeling well before he left.

7. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Having seen the footage of him in the club, it's fair to say he was probably in a state where his ability to make sensible decisions was somewhat impaired.

8. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At last, folk being a bit naive here. He's displayed classic behaviour after a being at a dance festival and looking at the types he associates with, gone looking for a session after and then thought he could walk home 12 hours. It's pretty obvious what he's been up to.

9. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think there’s two ways of looking at it.

He was either in that much of a state that he wasn’t thinking straight & headed down the wrong route or alternatively for some reason he was of the opinion someone would be looking for him & he felt the path was safer than the roadside.

Having seen the paths near to where his body was I don’t believe for a second that he was put there by someone who had killed him. I just don’t see that as feasible. Lumping a body about in treacherous terrain where one wrong step could be the end of you as well makes no sense.

10. DazFrumTarn

DazFrumTarn Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Stephen Dawson likes this.
  11. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Sorry if I offend anyone but my compassion isn't limitless and personally I have many more deserving causes to get sad about. I know his victim in the "machete in the head" case has come out and said he's forgiven, I guess he's a better man than I. He was a well known gang member and low level drug dealer. Does anyone require 59k and more for a send off? I'll save my sorrow for those he helped to get hooked. Live by the sword etc.......