Joe Biden

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dreamboy3000, Jul 22, 2021.

1. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I think Biden is unfit to hold the office, yes. The fact that America was left with a choice in 2020 of 2 men that are completely mentally unfit for office will be looked back on with confusion in the history books I think.

I'm not sure I agree on the dementia diagnosis, I've unfortunately seen multiple family members go through it and it seems... different. Obviously no two cases are the same though.
    I honestly just think it's an age thing, combined with the stutter and speech impediment that he's had all his life, which does make it seem worse than it is, in my opinion.

---

I think Bernie was a far better choice (which is also pretty telling, considering he's also an old white bloke) and I'm not sure I agree that he wouldn't have won. The QAnon party used the "He's a communist" nonsense against Biden anyway and it worked among the people that it would have worked on when referring to Sanders, so I'm not sure there would have been much of a difference there. Plus Bernie had a lot of momentum and enthusiasm behind him, whereas Biden was just the "at least he's not Trump" choice.

2. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I said, time to move on from Trump, he's in the past. I think people are slowly starting to wake up to the omnishambles that is Biden, and they don't know what to do with the realisation. They can't blame Trump for Biden's incompetence and Biden is not the messiah they had hoped for.

portsmouth tyke likes this.
  3. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You do realise that he’s constantly fighting a stammer? It’s not as the US right wing press would have you believe senility.

4. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Partly true. But fighting a stammer isn’t the reason he says things like the below, or some of the gaffs in the run up to the election (like claiming he went to a college that he never actually went to). As someone mentioned, he really shouldn’t be in office. Claiming to have been on a committee 150 years ago? It’s worrying.

5. Red Lemonade

Red Lemonade Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    yeah, Joe Biden has lost the plot, and definitely not the magatards...

6. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's cracking a joke about his own age.

What was that you were saying about people looking for things that aren't there?

S74 Red, JamDrop and RedVesp like this.
  7. Redarmy87

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Basically what Loko said. It's not the way he says the words, it's the words that he says. I would argue he is going senile and given his age it's not surprising. The guy shouldn't be president.

8. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was talking about people on here, but nice try. Everything else in my post is valid and wasn’t anyone cracking a joke, and to be fair it was a toss up between that video and the one where he started talking about vaccines and kids wanting to know about aliens. It isn’t his stammer that makes his mind drift and his words ramble.

I’m not really sure why you’re so keen to defend this?

9. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Could that be a joke ,exaggerating ?
    IMO he’s not the right person to be President but he was the right person to get rid of Trump and my god the world needed that .
    The people Trump was empowering was alarming tbh and the amount of lies being cast whilst ignoring the Worlds Recognised media was piss taking .
    Most of the people Biden is appointing are compatible and relevant to the jobs in hand although their are exceptions .
    Not sure who would take over tbh as it’s questionable whether Kamala is ready to take the responsibilities .
    It’s concerning especially with the other world leaders that there doesn’t seem to be a uniting voice coming from the White House .
    We’ve seen in our country the madcap and unscrupulous people we are willing to vote into powerful positions for divisive purposes .

anstonred, churtonred and 55&counting like this.
  10. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well you're a person on here, posting a video of Biden cracking a joke and citing it as evidence of mental deterioration.

I'm not keen to defend him. I that there are valid concerns about his ability to govern which will only grow as he further ages and there's evidence of that. But it's not helpful to characterise a joke as evidence of senility.

I think Biden was a bad choice, but by far the better of 2 very bad choices. Trump's behaviour suggested some senility issues, and he was a malignant narcissist on top.

11. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve not mentioned senility. Just that I don’t think he’s very well or fit to govern. The bigger concern is surely that you can’t tell if it’s a joke because he’s not capable, most of the time, of switching tone to make it obvious? And with such a long line of errors in live speeches is it definitely a joke? Like I said, I could have gone for the vaccine and aliens clip instead.

It’s very different to someone reading and commenting on a post on here, especially considering the topic and form/history of Biden, but then that doesn’t allow for tripping someone up or having a ‘gotcha’ moment does it?

12. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You do understand how a stammer works. And the techniques used to control it.

Clearly not

13. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A good/great leader recognises their limitations and surrounds themselves with the best available people. Biden might not have the charisma or presence of Bill Clinton or Obama, but he is aware enough to recognise this and get the right people in to help him. The difference between good and great is often the skills and abilities of those appointed by the leader.

For comparison, look at the people appointed by Johnson...

14. Redarmy87

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know that people with a stammer have the ability to engage their brains in the topic of conversation and articulate what they are trying to say. Some of the things Biden comes out with are nonsensical, and that has nothing to do with his stammer. I'm not alluding to his stammer at all, I'm referencing his incompetence as President and his articulation/state of mind, which appears to be waning.

15. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Really good point. However I don't think, personal opinion obviously, that Harris lends to this notion in relation to Biden. Like I've said before, the US is hardly flying right now in terms of policies and decisions being made (non-pandemic based).

16. RamTam

RamTam Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

RedVesp likes this.
  17. Red

RedVesp Guest

Doesn't sound senile to me.

18. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How a country of that population ended up thinking that Trump and Biden were the two best choices to lead the country is baffling.

19. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I know.... I mean thank god we had a choice of Johnson and Corbyn.... oh, hang on.

20. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This always makes me chuckle,

Watcher_Of_The_Skies likes this.