Joe Biden

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dreamboy3000, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Barnsley Chopin

Barnsley Chopin Well-Known Member

Egghead
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree but it's lesser of two c...unts. The way you go on about Biden, you give the impression you're about to storm the White House.

TitusMagee and Donny-Red like this.
  2. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nope; just repeats right wing bovine excrement he’s found online that he doesn’t have the common sense to question.

3. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair I think he shared Sky News on the last one. And in most cases he’s only sharing undoctored video footage, so not sure it’s right wing bovine excrement and just a case of something there to make your own judgement on.

Trump came out with some belting errors. But I think Sleepy Joe is level with him now and still has three years to go. It’s not just the right shaking their heads these days and is far more widespread.

4. Dar

Darfield138 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because of lots of reasons. The cultural, economic, and military history of our two countries is interwoven. In possibly the greatest trial mankind has ever known at the Nuremberg trials the Americans voted to appoint a British judge.Biden is a reaction to Trump. There is no way he would win a second term. He appealed to the Irish vote cos he was desperate and deluded. He's not Irish but played that card to its max effect. Once in office, do you really think he could give a flying f£ck about a country that is a massive recipient of EU aid with a one-trick of trying to host tech giants by undercutting the tax regime everywhere else. The Aukus deal shows we are starting to find our feet again as a global player, the EU has no hardwired equivalent and the yanks backed us. I have no ideological belief that the USA is welded to us, but I also think that sooner later Biden will realise who his friends are

5. Red

RedVesp Guest

I believe the aussie sky news is pretty right wing.

6. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    a) Ireland is a net contributor to the EU
    b) having followed the US election very closely I saw no special attempt whatsoever to win the Irish vote. He won because Trump was a disaster whose policies were killing people.
    c) I'm not sure why you think trying to scupper the Good Friday Agreement is ok. Presumably you do as I can't imagine why you brought Ireland into this otherwise.
    d) If we're so hugely important to the US and such a global player.....where's the trade deal?
    e) If you think we're growing in influence because we left the EU....well good luck to you.

7. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

8. Don

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ‘Fair’ is an odd word in this context.

DB3K does have a long history of sharing posts from dodgy sources.

Sky News is definitely a right wing source (as much as can be in a heavily regulated market).

And much of Biden’s ‘odd’ speech patterns are due to the way he deals with overcoming his stammer (and this has been explained many times but ignored by a small number of people who claim to have no agenda) ;)

No one thought Joe would be the second coming, but to compare him as ‘level’ with a pseudo fascist who actively tried to overthrow democracy is a strange opinion.

In short… I’ll stick by what I posted ta:)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  9. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ah. I’d already seen the video elsewhere so just took the Sky News logo in the corner.

But sharing a video isn’t like an article. It could come from any platform and which side it leans is irrelevant?

10. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In short. I was only comparing their public gaffs so throwing other things in there is completely irrelevant. And they’re not all to do with fighting off his stammer at all.

I get it though. Mistakes, bad decisions, head scratching moments, etc. can’t be called out or discussed if it’s the side you support. Only the opposite. That’s enough on US politics for one weekend though.

11. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There’s literally the exact same video for Joe Biden. I wasn’t arguing that video you shared didn’t exist, so would need some context mate as that’s not the ‘gotcha’ you probably think it is.

12. Don

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s not about ‘the side I support’, but you can’t pretend that my original post; that DB3K has a reputation for posting nonsense from some odd right wing sources is untrue.

Yet you felt the need to respond anyway? But apparently it’s me who’s ‘taking sides’
    :confused:

13. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tee hee.The idea that Trump and Biden are comparable :p:p:p.

What a judgement. Beyond evidence and sense.

Watcher_Of_The_Skies likes this.
  14. Wat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's not 'literally the same video' because Biden hasn't said anywhere near as much incendiary, offensive, dumb nonsense that Trump has, despite your bizarre attempts to conflate the two as being somehow equal.

I don't like Biden much either, but let's not pretend there's a comparison here, unless you're a Trump sympathiser?

churtonred and Donny-Red like this.
  15. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    TBH I'm amazed that a country the size of America couldn't come up with any candidates better than these two numb nuts. I know they have the weird voting system but still..............

16. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sympathiser, apologist, right wing racist. Take your pick according to the BBS. Neither are true.

You listed ‘dumb nonsense’. Have you seen some of the things Biden has come out with? He’s a disaster and calling him that has nothing to do with anything that’s happened in the last four years.

My biggest gripe, not gripe just general observation really, is that if Trump or Johnson had said or behaved the way Biden has it would go viral and be mocked/criticised by the majority on here. For whatever reason it gets defended instead, or apologised for, which is just really interesting to see.

17. Wat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Again. I've never denied Biden has said some stupid things, he's a bit of an idiot. But we're taking about comparisons, and there isn't one.

18. Red

RedVesp Guest

I understand the (supposed) need for balance, but Trump is a narcissistic, bigoted, racist, dangerous old man. Biden is just an old man.

churtonred likes this.
  19. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There is on stupidity and comments when live ‘on air’. And that’s the only comment I made.

20. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    85 car motorcade to go see the Pope yes will definitely be hanging on his every word on climate change.