Joe Biden

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dreamboy3000, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Getting words and phrasing wrong is completely normal, especially when you speak nearly every day publicly (or should do anyway...), but this is just something else. Its quite evident now. The right has been saying it for ages and the left called it conspiracy - unfortunately its turned out to be true, and indeed even Bidens own are turning against him, including his donors.

Its not just that though, CNN released a huge list of lies Biden told during the debate. The scarier thing is, im not sure they were lies (clearly some were, or well exaggerations at least) but other times it seemed like genuine confusion. Not just a stutter or brain fart, but actual decline.

He needs to give the race up for the Democrats to have a chance imo. The swing states are skewing for Trump. No sitting president has ever won reelection with Bidens approval rating. And even more so he's lost a lot of Jewish backing (not his fault) due to protests etc, but I fear he will lose even more from the Muslim side. A lot of support seemingly going to Dr Jill Stein, as we saw with Labour over here it can complicate things.

On a personal note, its horrible watching. At the end of the day, he's an old man in decline and everyone is commenting and some even reveling in it. I must admit I'm struggling to understand why his family is so adamant to stay in the White House. Is it true because his wife is power mad? Is it true he needs to stay on so he can eventually pardon and defend hunter? Personally, I think that's all ballhocks but im at a loss why he's still running despite what is clear at this point - the american public are losing faith, quickly,in him.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
  2. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
  3. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair the world was a lot safer last time Trump was in power. He seemed to know how to keep Russia, China and North Korea in line.

4. Ton

Tonjytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And Afghanistan

5. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Or more likely, Russia, China and North Korea saw no reason to agitate further with such a buffoon wrecking America.

ScubaTyke likes this.
  6. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can't abide Trump but I must also admit that I can't really spunk on his time in office regarding international wars etc. Loads of people slagged him off when he stepped into North Korea but I thought it was an incredible step - as I would have done if Corbyn or Biden done it. Surely if being scared to agitate someone stops millions of people (mostly innocent and especially children) from losing their life, it's a good thing?

Imagine if Nikki Haley was president for instance. We'd all be in bunkers. Trump may be a crazy republican but I think she's a close second for crazy republican. I understand the Trump bashing, I admit years ago I took it way too far, but recently what's annoying me is, just because he's a nob, we don't apply the same standards to those on 'our' side of the political isle. Some are just as war-mongery and corrupt as the other side.

Can you remember the days of Obama? He just screamed charisma, presidential, leadership. The world is sadly lacking today in my opinion. Trump, Biden, Sunak.....

orsenkaht and portsmouth tyke like this.
  7. Rosco

Rosco Well-Known Member

Optimist
    Born in Birdwell, living in Sin (well...Cheshire).
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We gave Hitler the Rheinland then Austria, then the Sudetenland then the rest of Czechoslovakia.

Didn't end with us saving money for public services did it.

wombwell-red likes this.
  8. Rosco

Rosco Well-Known Member

Optimist
    Born in Birdwell, living in Sin (well...Cheshire).
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It wasn't safer.

Just because he was in the pocket of Putin doesn't make the world safer, it allowed Putin to invade Ukraine, it emboldened him.

9. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He also called Trump the vice president.

10. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do you genuinely believe this, mate? I just don't think it's true. Why wouldn't Putin had done it during Trump's time in office as opposed to when Obama and now Biden are in office? Would Ukraine have received as much money or as many weapons if Trump was in office? He's been absolutely hammered with the Russia scandal and it didn't amount to anything. There's so much wrong with Trump but I just don't believe this at all.

This is from Al Jazeera, hardly a hardcore right wing news paper.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/16/key-takeaways-from-investigation-of-fbis-trump-russia-probe

I honestly just think stuff like this emboldens Trump, he can keep on claiming there's a witch hunt against him. Politically charged. Wasn't it over 50 analisyts who said Biden's laptop was a Russian disinformation? I'm tenuous on that as I think there's some truth & lies mixed up in it. But it would have had an impact on the 2020 election had it not been censored.
    Stop giving him ammunition to use.

I am genuinely fearful as to what may happen now with the world burning, if Trump does return to office. What will happen if they don't back down? I'm just gobsmacked that Biden is running and it scares the hell out of me.

11. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Democracy in America ends with another Trump term.

ScubaTyke likes this.
  12. Pin

PinballWizard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1938 isn't the only year in history. It's a lazy, and inaccurate, analogy.

13. RamTam

RamTam Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He empowered. North Korea. It was peaceful in the short term but lead to them abandoning the reunification pledge. Destabilising in the long run.

His pro Russia policy emboldened Putin which was peaceful short term but we know where that lead (plus let's not forget the Russia investigation demonstrated clear collusion between Trump and Russia.. there was just no mechanism to prosecute him and it was buried by his highly partisan DOJ.

He declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel which massively warmed relations with Israel. One of the single most irresponsible and tactless acts in human history. It almost certainly affected the Hamas decision to directly attack Israel.

The lesson here.. Trump can do short term fixes with bold public statements but the longer term effects of his actions are destabilising in almost every nation he engages with. International relations are about long term relationships, not big loud public acts. For me Trumps foreign policy was far and away the worst part of his presidency and some of the worst by a major global power since the mid 20th century.