Labour Leader Demands Lockdown

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by wombwell-red, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The numbers admitted each day with Covid has increased by 5 times between 1/9 and 10/10 - a period of 39 days. As has the number in hospital and the number on ventilators. (Deaths have increased by over 20 times in same period but from a low base). 10th October was the last day with full figures from the four nations - the number in hospital in the UK or ventilators in England alone yesterday was higher than across the entire UK on the 10th. Most of these were infected 2-3 weeks ago, and any changes this week won't affect the figures for a couple of weeks. By which time these numbers will have doubled again.

In 40 days, or 6 weeks (18th November), that rate of increase will see just over 20000 in hospital and 2000 on ventilators (and ~300 dying each day) if nothing is done.

40 days after that (27th December), could see around 100,000 in hospital and 10000 on ventilators (~1500 dying each day) if nothing is done. That would see Covid patients in 2/3 of NHS beds and being unable to cope during its busiest annual period.

We can do nothing, or we can do something to stop it. A second wave with no preventative measures would dwarf the first within just a few weeks. You don't want a lockdown, you are against other measures. What do you suggest the country does to prevent this from happening? Or shall we just batten down the hatches and hope.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  2. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  3. ley

leythtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Where would I find those percentages, as I assume you know.

Of course, the increase in hospital admissions at a time when infection rates increase is purely coincidental.

DavidCurriesMullet and Donny-Red like this.
  4. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I think to help the overpopulation problem we should ban pregnancy tests. That way nobody gets pregnant.

5. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Maybe ban X-rays as well - no more broken bones requiring costly treatments and days off work. No more pneumonia the benefits are huge

6. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If we stop checking that a patient has stopped breathing, has no pulse and their pupils are unresponsive to light, does that mean the population would become immortal?

7. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That cracked me up. That is the same logic that Trumpy used on COVID testing. **** me he is a genius. Thank god he's leader of the "free world".

DavidCurriesMullet likes this.
  8. Dav

DavidCurriesMullet Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No one walked around Basra frightened of WMDs, cos there weren't any and from the outset our lads and lasses were walking round without protective head gear.

Honest question have you got reliable links to this data?

John Peachy likes this.
  9. Dav

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Man walks into hospital, his left leg hanging off, ravaged by a virus. Doctor says quick let's get thi a bed, Man says ni mind that I need this ******* wax clearing out of mi left ear.

leythtyke likes this.
  10. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not saying we should do nothing, but I feel absolutely confident that if we were to do nothing we would not have 100,000 in hospital at any point. It's nonsense to endlessly extrapolate numbers.

11. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    It's also the same logic DEETEE is using in this thread. Nobody gets tested and it 'goes away'

It's ******* bonkers.

DavidCurriesMullet likes this.
  12. Dav

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree some of us have to get our figures almost spot on, others are allowed to make up figures and back up their claims. It's like Brexit, some folk are able to put any old crap on buses and it's got to be taken as fact to counter balance the argument and meet the bizarre impartially rules of engagement. Its modern day Britain experts have to be bang on the money, when there's a subtle change it's a case of who listens to experts.

13. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Similar logic to lets have a "circuit breaker" 2 week national lockdown. Then open the country back up and see if were not back at square one in another 8 week.

14. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was a comparison.

And yes. A fair percentage have already been shared on this forum by Jay, Extremely Northern, Tm and myself from the top of my head.

Even Dreamboys newspaper links once you get past the sensationalist headlines are fact based and carry references to the original sources.

Mostly government organisations.

The problem is, is that some people will automatically dismiss evidence from a source they do not agree with politically, dont read it and make the usual sneers about it .

Its all out there and if you are insistent ill put everything together over the weekend.

I have noted you havent asked Scoff to provide the same for his random number generated forecast he is trying pass as fact...

Anyway, i am off to Boots for a Clearblue. I dont have any symptoms but I might as well get tested. You never know!

Redstone and DavidCurriesMullet like this.
  15. Dav

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's not the reason for it and you know it. It's so if by some miracle Boris can get the track and trace system up and running locally and recover the damage done by Serco and friends. It will also give the NHS some breathing space. Whether you like it or not hospitals are filling up at an alarming rate and I don't want to be in a situation where a loved one can't get a bed or treatment.

16. Dav

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I
    I have stated to in a response to Scoff that we need to be on the money with facts.

Anyways I hope its negative, if not do you want a boy or girl?

Redstone likes this.
  17. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I still genuinely don't see track and trace as a way forward. First you have the problem of the incubation period, then you have the resistance of large sections of the population to being tracked and traced at all.

SuperTyke and redrum like this.
  18. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

A 2nd wave was inevitable it was spoken about almost immediately after the 1st one. France are in a state of emergency Spain are getting it. Trace and trace all you like the 2nd wave would still be here the app isnt mandatory. The local lockdown restrictions are a joke, so category 2 I cant go see my mates in there home but as a tradesman I can if they need some work doing. A full lockdown would be unthinkable for the economy at a time when people are already struggling.
    My advice to many on here who are obviously worried or anyone with underlying health conditions would be sheild.

19. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course it's the reason for it. A virus spreads, it multiplies. In January we had zero cases of covid. Essentially we had just undergone an absolutely perfect lockdown where it had been eradicated completely. Not a single infected person in the country. By march we were building morgues and converting exhibition centres into hospitals to cope with the infected and the bodies.

We locked down again, for a couple of months with people only allowed to leave their home to go to essential work or to exercise outdoors, after which we continued to restrict people by banning shops from opening, banning pubs etc etc it didn't work, cases rose again and within a matter of weeks we were restricting people further. Rule of 6 brought in. That didn't work so we again stopped people meeting their family completely. That didn't work, cases rose, so we closed the hospitality industry again.

And yet people for some absolutely bonkers reason seem to think that if we get cases lower again for a few weeks that they will magically stay that way despite that going against everything that we know about viruses, against the evidence of other countries and against the evidence of January, march, may and everything else we've all witnessed with our own eyes.

Why the Fc UK anyone can honestly believe another lockdown will have this magic curenis beyond me and why people flat out refused to acknowledge that the solution to keeping the elderly safe is to focus our attention on shielding the elderly rather than trying to wage some kind of war against nature and asking 70 million people to shield instead not only escapes me but pisses me off no end.

pompey_red and redrum like this.
  20. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry mate, you're going to have to sit at home with no food and no money for a few weeks because you went to McDonalds for your breakfast on 14th October at 7am and our app shows you were still there at 9pm when infected Sandra ordered a big Mac.

Get fc uked

Redstone likes this.