Maybe clutching at straws

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Dyson, May 18, 2021.

1. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Something that has just sprung to mind. Cooper mentioned this in his pre match and post match interviews. He mentioned last year they were 1-0 up after the first leg but then lost to Brentford in the second. He then made a point of saying it was different though because last time they were away second leg.

It could well be that he's worried about the same sort of thing happening. That their defeat last year over 2 legs was difficult to get over. That doubts could creep in. That they could be complacent, especially against a team from nowhere who they've beaten 3 times without conceding a goal.

Certainly odd he made the same point before and after.

Redhelen likes this.
  2. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Next goal is pivotal, all over if they score first in my opinion.

3. She

Shepley Red Well-Known Member

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't agree with this, I fully expect them to sit in, slow the game down, invite us on and try to catch us out with the long balls over the top for Lowe and Ayew. The onus is on us to chase the game. We haven't scored against them in 270+minutes of football so far this season and I bet they will be confident of keeping us out again on Saturday.
    The only way they will open up and play is if we get an early goal. I wouldn't want to be Val, do you really go at them from the off or do you try and sit in for the first 30 minutes (don't concede) and then have a go. Don't think it would be too bad a position if we get to HT on Saturday and the score is 0-0 and then come out all guns blazing in the 2nd half!

Redhelen likes this.
  4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    https://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Barnsley/

We haven't scored a goal in our last four games against them. Plus the last twenty minutes plus injury time of the game before that.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50024118

That's 380 minutes of normal time so with nine lots of injury time (both halves of our four without scoring and injury time when we last scored) last night we will have cracked 400 minutes without a goal against them. Chuff me they aren't Manchester City but they look it against us.

Redhelen likes this.