Mr Joseph Barton

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Reds Fan, Jul 24, 2021.

1. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He needs locking away before he kills someone.

2. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    statistically most likely to be his wife. Hope she rings Womens Aid for support as it said she called the police, but on Instagram said she didn't accuse him of hurting her

Redarmy87 and JamDrop like this.
  3. BrunNer

BrunNer Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  4. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Appeared in court and ask "Not guilty" to the charges.

5. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I learned my lesson about taking what sports people say in books at face value after reading the Lance Armstrong books before he was found to be a drug cheat - made me very cynical about anything anyone writes about themselves in a book thats for sure,

NathanBFC94 and Redhelen like this.
  6. Red

Redrascal Well-Known Member

Salesman
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its a automatic prison sentence for kicking someone when there down. I once tripped over someone and the barrister told me if the jury believed youve kicked em when there down you'll be sent to prison, i got a not guilty.

7. Red

Salesman
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cuts both ways, my mate wa always covered wi black eyes n thick lips, nutter of a bird she wa battering him on a regular basis, she wa crying like a baby wen his sister eventually got hold of her, and he ended up pulling his sister off her, honestly he used to take some hammer off her.if a bird started battering me she'd av to get a slap but who ever hits me is getting one back, am no hard man but if tha getting it anyway tha might aswell get stuck in.

8. Frans

Frans Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  9. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  10. Red

Reds Fan Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I predict it will turn out to be as bad a decision as when Jim’ll Fix It got a second series

Redhelen likes this.
  11. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Really unimpressed by that. The club should have just left it at no comment. They will look pretty silly if he gets found guilty. And not impressed with the crown prosecutor if that’s an accurate quote.
    By definition Assault cannot be a victimless crime. Even if the alleged victim for whatever reason decided not to press charges herself

Redhelen likes this.
  12. Red

Salesman
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Judge says noone as complained of assault, it'll go no where police and prosecution av decided to take it on there allowed to do that now, it'll more or less keep there lass safe at least until trial date where itll just get thrown out on day. Am surprised wi wat the judge said he hasnt already thrown it out.clearly is wife ant made a statement and it would just cost 2 much money to av a trial without a witness.

13. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Actually it's a legal term meaning the victim isn't prepared or able to be a witness. Remember Georgia called the police in the first place and victims often don't pursue it to court, hence the CPS taking it out of their hands. A murder would be a victimless crime too because obviously the victim can't give evidence.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Farnham_Red and RamTam like this.
  14. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You forget that police have bodycams now, there will be photos of injuries, there will be the initial 999 call to listen to. Hopefully Joey will already be residing elsewhere by the date of this second trial, might persuade Georgia to have second thoughts on appearing.

I don't know if you've ever seen 24 hours in police custody. It was a bloke experiencing domestic abuse featured, they'd finally persuaded him to testify and to start a new life in Devon from his hospital bed and then he died of head injuries.

15. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s pretty standard for domestic abuse charges for the victim to not press charges, I wouldn’t imagine that would have too much of an impact on the outcome.

Redhelen and TitusMagee like this.
  16. Farnham_Red

Style:
    Barnsley
    Interesting - not doubting you but I never knew that that sort of offence counted as victimless.
    Just did a quick search and all the definitions I can find refer to crimes with no readily identifiable victim or where all parties consented - eg Prostitution offences( whether that is always victimless is a whole separate debate) . Hard to imagine his Mrs consented to being assaulted but the fact that council used it means your explanation made sense. In the case of the alleged assault, if it did indeed occur then there is a victim but as you say in domestic violence many victims dont want to press charges for reasons that are understandable but dont mean the offence wasnt committed.
    The way it was used on the Bristol website however is designed to give the wrong impression that its a minor thing with no one hurt - nothing to see.

Mido and JamDrop like this.
  17. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree that the way it was presented by Rovers was disingenuous. The prosecutor said it was a victimless prosecution.

But what is a victimless prosecution? It is a case either at the police station or proceeding before the Court where the victim is either unknown or unwilling to assist with a prosecution, whether they were unwilling to assist from the start of the case or they have withdrawn their support part way through.
    Victimless Prosecutions -
    Dodds Solicitors Leicester

Farnham_Red, Mido and JamDrop like this.
  18. Red

Salesman
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I remember that but ant his wife sent him a fathers day card and thanked him for everything he does for his kids, it was summatt like that,thats cos social services will be sniffing. Wouldnt surprise me if stendal gets paid off hes in a different country now, ifvyou get surpiened it only means you av to turn up to court yuo dont av to give evidence.

19. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Stendel has a sense of right and wrong so I'd be very surprised if he gets "paid off". As I understand it, the children weren't there and sadly social services have far more pressing cases to investigate.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  20. Farnham_Red

Style:
    Barnsley
    Thanks for the clarification. I cant help wondering if the words on the Bristol website are an exact transcription of what the Prosecuter said " “this is a victimless crime. No one has made a claim of assault”. - or if there is a bit of paraphrasing going on eg he said it was a victimless prosecution rather than crime. Also doubting that he said no one had made a claim of assault - surely the Police did that.

In any case has not gone down well with the Bristol fans - this poster seems to think the same as me

"Along with many others, I would be interested to know who wrote the statement, and who signed it off.

No further facts about the incident were proven yesterday, so the club only needed to issue a statement about JB being absent from the club for a few days to spend time with his family.

With regard to the awful "victimless crime" quote, I did see somewhere that the Standard's court reporter had mis-quoted the Crown Prosecutor, as he would have said "victimless prosecution", and Rovers then lifted the quote from the Standard. Which of course, in no way excuses how the club tried to manipulate people with it in their press release
    ."

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18273/barton-new-criminal-charge?page=63

In fact reading their forum the overwhelming majority seem to not want Barton anywhere near the club - they have my sympathies as the ones I met swhen we played them a couple of years ago seemed pretty decent

JamDrop likes this.