New manager

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by tyke69, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We don’t though do we? You might think that but who’s to say that narrow defeats isn’t about the best we can hope for with the players that are missing?

I look through the teams we’ve put out up to now & there’s only Helik, Collins, Brittain, Styles & Woodrow who are championship quality.

I think Benson is as well but he’s barely kicked a ball & we’ve been without Morris & Anderson.

Hopefully a few of the foreign lads turn out to be championship quality but with late arrivals, visa issues & injuries that’ll take time.

There’s likely to be a natural improvement. There nearly always is when we have lots of new signings & departures. Whether Schopp’s in charge or not the team will get better with Morris, Anderson, Benson & the new lads getting up to speed. If there isn’t then he’ll be sacked & he’ll deserve it.

I just can’t see the logic in sacking him now & probably having to pay compo for a new manager on top of paying him off when the new guys going to come in & be without the players Schopp’s without.

You say you wouldn’t put your mortgage on it but you wouldn’t have to just like Conway doesn’t need to take a gamble right now. He’ll use logic & he’ll see whether or not Schopp does a better job when he has a better team available to him.

Maybe others think Ben Williams, Sibbick, Kitching, Moon, Palmer, Adeboyejo, Oduor & Frieser are championship quality & we should be winning games with them but I don’t. A couple of them are grafters & can get by in a decent side but if 5 or 6 of them are starting then for me that’s not a championship quality side.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.