Nightspots to voluntarily adopt Covid passports

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Jul 12, 2021.

1. ryc

rycalshaw Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I suppose its a balancing act for the pub owners to weigh up the cost of checking passports and the possible losses if the venue is closed for days' i know thats not whats going to happen immediately and its hypothetical 'i'm just saying that if cases start rocketing i think they'll fetch something like that in because hospitality has been scapegoated from the start...

2. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It's going to be a very stupid month ahead with people still isolating but no restrictions. We have a huge amount off work currently.

3. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Rumours around here that the "Cottage of Content" is currently closed due to an outbreak.

4. Pin

PinballWizard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Telegraph reporting that COVID passports will be required for sporting events after 19 July.

5. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We're not in Singapore?

Our hospitality industry isn't setup to have a concierge/receptionist on the door of every business checking people in on arrival. Why do you think the majority of the businesses open since 12th April have been losing money?

I also wouldn't want my team members to be responsible for telling someone they can't come in at the door. Meaning in some venues you'll be leaning towards door staff. Google the hourly rate of door staff in the UK and come back to me.

6. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    What I don't understand is if you’re not jabbed you have to get a negative test, and if you get a positive one have to isolate, yet the jabbed people can still catch and transmit covid? How does that even make sense? OK I know the answer....it doesn't.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  7. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just been reading it....

https://archive.is/assMz

Giving your health status, masks and staggered entry ending the traditional pre match routine many have had for decades.

Doesn't sound like fun.

8. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Be a very hard sell to get fans to wear masks. I wouldn't want to attend and sit in a mask for 90 minutes.

9. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its called having a semblance of normal life.

People will as they have always done assess the situation they find themselves in based on their own individual circumstance. Some will decide that in the current climate the risk is too high. Some will decide that after being vaccinated the risk is tolerable but are mindful of their surroundings. Some will regardless throw the shackles off and hit the dance floor first chance they get.

Not everyone has been warped into a sense of paranoia and fear that they are self isolating their tatties when the Asda van drops them off.

Oh a broken clock is more accurate than the doomsday forecasters at Warwickshire.

Redstone likes this.
  10. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Each and every company told that they 'should' adopt these measures needs to tell the government to piss off. Our own HEALTH MINISTER flouted the law. The chief advisor to the prime minister flouted the law. The prime minister himself has been photographed many times flouting the law.

What ******* right have they got to lecture me about social responsibility when they have behaved so irresponsibly for over a year? They can do one

11. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are you not better than them? You've seen the self-centred, narcissistic, money-grabbing lies spouted from these people over the last year. They have effectively given up on protecting the population as its too hard for them.

You are better than they are. We are all better than they are. They've just been proving it all along while pretending that they aren't as bad as we thought they were.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  12. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Makes literally no sense.

Redstone likes this.
  13. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes which is why I've done my best to adhere to everything so far despite the great cost to my mental health, the irreplaceable nlife moments I've missed out on and the now permanent health/medical condition that I will have to live till the day I die due to the restrictions. But after over a year of restrictions and with every adult in the UK offered a vaccination and all vulnerable people in the UK double vaccinated unless they have chosen not to be then I think that the media driven scare mongering which is leading the irresponsible government to try to blackmail and pressure businesses and the public to permanently give up our human rights is bang out of order. I'm sorry but when a lying hypocrite asks me to do something I'll tell him to do one. They talk about social responsibility, I talk about personal responsibility. If you are so Ill that you feel unsafe even when vaccinated then sorry but you stay home not me. We don't ban nuts because some people are allergic, we put the onus on them to take personal responsibility and to check that what they're eating is safe.

Sorry that that's a bit of a rant and gone off topic a little but the hypocrisy coming from the government and the absolutely disgraceful media really angers me. I have zero respect for either of them so can't follow any 'advice' given by them. They are liars.

Also while I've said everyone has been offered a vaccination I understand there is an extremely small minority who either cannot have a vaccination or for whom it is ineffective. I really feel for these people and wish them well but I feel the nut analogy explains my views on that.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  14. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Analogy falls down though as you are unlikely to get an anaphylactic shock by walking passed someone else eating nuts. It’s a difficult balance but we can’t just abandon those with disabilities who are vulnerable but are working or ill people travelling to hospital. I can’t see a strong argument for not keeping masking on public transport and any tight indoor spaces. It’s just common decency to allow the 3.2 million it impacts to have the same freedoms as us and if the discomfort of mask wearing can have an impact on that I’d hope people would be happy to do so.

Scottish and Welsh approaches seem more balanced.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    churtonred, Tykeored and BarnsleyReds like this.
  15. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think there's truth in this, but I fully expect an 'and back over to us' by the government in the Autumn. They will likely blame the euros, the opening up in the summer, the relaxation of mask-wearing etc. I think the rhetoric is already subtly preparing us for yet another lockdown for autumn/winter. Which begs the question, how effective are the vaccines, and why are we apparantly seeing all these 'surges' in infections/hospitalizations/deaths after so many millions of vaccines have been administered? I don't see Monday as 'freedom day' at all, just another phoney false hope by the carrot-dangling douches in power.

Redhelen likes this.
  16. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the vaccines are the answer and have proven to be a success. Hospitalization's have now been mainly younger people and a shorter period served in the hospital care. Also remember deaths are registered as 'people who have tested positive within 28 days' meaning they arent all COVID deaths just COVID related. It will mean more people who die will be carrying covid while the rates are higher. So i believe we need to unlock, just that i think we should have had a longer ramped approach not a step in one day. This would help business adjust and also set the tone it isnt over. Right now the message is Monday is freedom day. Will we retract in future then that remains to be seen.

Sestren likes this.
  17. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  18. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't think so, it's more like .. do it voluntarily or we'll make you actully

19. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There were three ways to get through this pandemic.
    Lock down early.
    Take precautions like masking and social distancing.
    Vaccinate as many people as humanly possible.

Unfortunately there are people who have either refused to do some or any of those things or who have done it but undermined the response at every opportunity resulting in the job being harder than it should have been.
    They're still doing it.

RamTam likes this.
  20. arabian_ian

arabian_ian Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You forgot the quick closing of borders with countries experiencing high levels of covid.
    I. E. India.
    Just Total incompetence from an incompetent government.