Nottingham forest's spending

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jack Tatty, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    About to make their 16th signing of the summer. Morgan Gibbs-White for £25 million from Wolves.

Not including this signing they have already spent around £104 million in transfer fees.

How are they doing this?

Plus dont forget Lingards wages. And Dean Henderson's.

Redhelen likes this.
  2. Tykeofthetown

Tykeofthetown Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because most teams don’t ever care to follow ffp and let’s be honest the fa end elf rarely give a toss either unless it’s a small local team imbedded in the heart of the community with barely any fanbase to kick up a stink

3. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    What have Elves got to do with it, or even the EFL as the Premisership is run seperately
    They have certainly spent a lot this summer though - more than they can afford if they come straight back down

4. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They've more chance of finishing in the top half with the team they're assembling.

Redhelen likes this.
  5. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is how they're doing it.....

In 2020, Deloitte suggested that victory in the play-off final could see an increase in revenue of between £135 million ($167m) to £265 million ($328m), depending on whether a promoted team can avoid immediate relegation.

Official figures for the 2020-21 season showed that broadcast revenue totalling more than £2.5 billion ($3bn) was distributed among the 20 clubs in the Premier League.

Of that, each club was guaranteed at least £31.4m ($38.9m) in equal share payments, £47.5m ($58.8m) in international TV and £5.9m ($7.3m) in central commercial payments: a base line of roughly £84.8 million ($105m) per team, regardless of position

6. Kettlewell

Kettlewell Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I believe they received £120million for getting promoted,last season's squad was 50% loanees,so they had to create a new squad. They hope that the players they have bought,plus Steve Cooper will be enough to survive. It's a risk/gamble but if they can stay in the Premier league for perhaps another 2 seasons after this,then it will be viewed a success. A lot of people watching what they are doing with interest, ( including me). A lot of the signings seem good to me,hopefully they can be molded into a team.

7. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good luck to them. Trying to make a go of it instead of scraping the barrel. I admire the big clubs. Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Southampton, Wolves, Notts Forest and Leicester City. They all went down to League 1 and the ambition wasn't to get back into the Championship. They dusted themselves down, recruited wisely and spent money trying to get to the Premiership.

Since 1999 Forest's sole aim has been getting back to the Premier League so when they did get up they decided not to treat it like a jolly boys outing.

(I included Wednesday because even though in league 1 their objective is getting back into the Premier League and they've made no secret of that desire).

Wuz1964 and x11barnsley like this.
  8. RedKen-dal

RedKen-dal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not my sort of football but there again I’m not paying Sky Sports or BT sport my hard earned. No interest. I will not be chucking coins in to the hat if it goes wrong though.

9. LAI

LAIKINART Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Really funny that.

10. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think with the Wendies it is the fans who hold the objective to get back to the premier league more than the club, its 20 years since they were in the premier league & no really big club would be away that long, all the other clubs made it back comfortably but currently the Wendies have been many years away from the top flight & considering their financial problems they are light years away from returning .

Redhelen likes this.
  11. Ton

Tonjytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They’re definitely working thick seams! (Again)

12. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Credit to them. Cooper knew he couldn't show loyalty to those that got them up as most wouldn't be good enough, so he did something about it.

13. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Leicester should never have gone up though. Didn't they get promoted while in administration?

14. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Makes you realise why 'big' clubs do it though. Look at Derby now. A couple of dodgy seasons and now they're fine and spending wages as if they're the best run club in history. Its annoying but whilst governing bodies only take aim at the smaller clubs, nothing will change. Look at the media love in about Derby survival because they're this and they're that. Cringe

15. portsmouth tyke

portsmouth tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wolves fans are over the moon with the fee there club got for him, I reckon they will be relegated by March, just too many players signed, will look to see how many players from the P/O final have started the season in the first eleven

Redhelen likes this.
  16. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They needed to replace though because I think 6 of their first teamers were all on loan. Their keeper left to go france too. I usually don't think this kind of spending works when replacing basically a full squad, but some of their signings have been excellent. Some very, very overpriced though, and then take into account the wages... I don't think they'll be brilliant but I think there's definitely worse in that league. The lad Nunes who Wolves have just signed, quality signing tho. Think a lot of big clubs including Liverpool & Chelsea were interested. And now basically Forest have paid majority of that by potentially signing gibbs-white for upto 40 million. It's mental money.

portsmouth tyke likes this.
  17. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Predicted to be £6 billion this season

Loko the Tyke likes this.
  18. NathanBFC94

NathanBFC94 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The deal for gibbs-white is rising to a potential 45 million based on add ons. Some instalment type stuff that take it to 35 million apparently then extras to potentially go to 45. The market has gone mad.

Can't believe how many new ones they've added in, seems a bit overkill from the outside looking in

19. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I see Lyle Taylor is still on their books.

Cannot see him getting anywhere near their squad as they now have Emmanuel Dennis Awoniyi Surridge and Johnson.

Worth a punt?

20. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's been on the bench for Forest, but as you suggest I don't think he'll get much game time at all, even bench time further into the season without drastic injury issues for Forest. He was linked to Charlton but one of their journalists from down south ruled it out. Whether that means Taylor would drop to league one, just Charlton aren't interested or Taylor expects to play in a higher division I don't know. I don't like him as a bloke, and I don't particularly rate him very highly when above league one, but he'd definitely still do a job for us, or anyone in this league imo