Offa's Dyke Path

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Stahlrost, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    aaaaaaaaaaargh!

GO - relax! Your forebears would have regarded themselves as part English and part Welsh - see below.

Was Monmouth Once in England?
    Contents

From the 16th to the early 20th century Monmouthshire was sometimes considered administratively a part of England and sometimes a part of Wales, but today it is recognized as an integral part of the latter, and it elects representatives to the National Assembly for Wales.

Local Government Act 1974 the term Monmouthshire changed to Gwent and Gwent confirmed as part of Cymru,

here's a of test for your 'Welshness' -
    go to You Tube - key in 'Yma o Hyd - Welsh players and fans celebrate' - if that gives you goosebumps you qualify as a Taff. (the brilliant Robert Page given a new contract.)

'To be born Welsh is not to be born privileged - Not with a silver spoon in your mouth - But with music in your blood and poetry in your soul.'

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  2. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd never heard of the Battle of Crogen until I followed Sthalrost's posts -
    Battle 1165 between Henry 2nd and Owain Gwynedd - Taff's won! - Henry very narrowly escaping death.

Chirk small town - pop about 5000 - off the beaten track.

lk311 likes this.
  3. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Sadly I have report that I've had to give up on the Offa's Dyke Path and I'm on my way home today. I've picked up a variety of ailments including a twisted knee, severe thirst, a pulled thigh muscle, heat exhaustion, toothache and jogger's nipple. It's supposed to be fun, but yesterday was utter purgatory in the sun. However, every cloud has a silver lining - Curry Mahal, see you tonight.

JLWBigLil likes this.