[Official Site] CLUB STATEMENT | FRONT OF SHIRT SPONSOR

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Aug 12, 2022.

1. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    he says there are small positives outside
    I agree. It should be treated seriously if someone has rushed a decision without proper due diligence. It’s simply no excuse for it to be overlooked. However I don’t think the outcome from that automatically means someone gets fired. Our ability to build a competitive management + player org has been very poor last few seasons and needs questions asking too. Loko is right when he says there has been small positives outweighed by bigger negatives. The incremental steps we take to appease fans are good, but nowhere near what the club need to do to get back on track on and off the field.

churtonred and wolvestyke like this.
  2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you're right, this alone doesn't mean someone should be fired. It's a mistake, mistakes happen.

However this mistake and the awful communication to the fans surrounding it, the additional mistake of the clearly illegal logo, the farce with the vouchers and the awful communication that came with it along with the pathetic excuses trotted out to fob fans off, the fiasco of closing the west stand and an ever changing list of reasons for doing so, stating he'd prefer a young project manager rather than experience to keep us in the league and subsequently appointing poya Asbahgi when we desperately needed instant success, the rubbish no bids comments he made etc do all add up to a very unsuccessful appointment as CEO and it's understandable why people have absolutely no faith in him to continue in his role.

It's not nice to call for him to be sacked, but it's not nice to call for Asbahgi to be sacked or schopp or morais yet that's somehow treated differently and more acceptable to do.

Not really a reply specifically to you or your post to be fair

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  3. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m not sure you’ve interpreted my post with the intent it was written or what it was saying - if you agree with a lot of it but think I’ve said it being an honest mistake makes it ok.

4. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At the moment the car is the coolest place for us. We live in a top floor flat and I've never known heat like it!

I'm with you with wishing for rain, can't come soon enough! I hope you had a good afternoon, your plans sounded nice :)

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  5. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Tried to go for a walk but it was just too hot, literally got to the end of the road and walked back. Did spend a few hours having a few beers in the scorched garden then made some flatbreads and had salmon tikka, lettuce, peppers, radishes a hint of yoghurt and mango chutney with a bit of coriander and spring onion. Very quick but very very tasty.

Looks like a small chance of rain on Tuesday/Wednesday and should drop back to mid 20’s at least.

Hope it cools for you too, we were only mentioning earlier how hot it must be in flats/apartments when we saw one top floor flat in direct sun with a sheet pinned over their glazed door!

Redarmy87 likes this.
  6. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

7. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thats all well and good but what about the hot weather oh and the grass not green enough etc etc.
    I think we should sack the groundsman for watering the pitch that might please one or 2.

8. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    yeah I get the point. Should the CEO be attributed with a catalog of avoidable errors the of course there should be some accountability. We don’t know who did what or what really happened though and we perhaps never will fully.

9. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Unless Khaled writes a book perhaps titled Nightmare on Grove street, I doubt we will ever truly know.

Archerfield and Durkar Red like this.