Oi! You had covid??

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by RedVesp, Jan 10, 2022.

?

You had covid?

1. Yes, hospital job

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. Yes, knocked me on my arse

19 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. Yes, poorly but could still function

48 vote(s)
    28.2%
  4. Yes, but never felt a thing

16 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. No

73 vote(s)
    42.9%
  6. I think so, but never tested

12 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm with you on the vaccine. Had all 3 and glad I have now. God knows how I'd be without them. Especially being on immunosuppressents that I take.

Could feel the cough slowly working its way down my throat and windpipe over course of a few hours. Just sat thinking I'm stuffed if this hits my lungs. But next day it had gone.

Redhelen likes this.
  2. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hope your FIL makes a swift and full recovery and glad that you having the vaccine meant you didn't have to join him in hospital.

3. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Had it twice, September 2020 then over New Year.
    Both were completely different in terms of symptoms/effects.

MrsHallsToffeerolls and Redhelen like this.
  4. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As far as i know ive not had it but i have been tired, cant smell anything, lethargic, aching head and body for years, i thought that it was just getting old but might be long covid and when it goes ill be charging around like a good un.

5. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't really feel it when I had it, but since I've had it my toes have been incredibly itchy at night for a few days at a time and look like I've got chilblains. Apparently it's a covid after effect.

Redhelen likes this.
  6. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Both the wife and myself reckon we've had the virus twice....first time was November 2019 before it gained its notoriety
    We reckon we caught it from our solicitor who was really bad with it struggling to breathe etc but was doing her best to fulfil her appointments by continuing working...spent over 2 hours in a small enclosed office with her......so there was no wonder we ended up with it ....very rare the pair of us come down with a cold let alone flu.....
    Then in September 2021 I tested positive after complaining I felt like I'd got a mild head cold coming on .whilst the wife's first test was inclusive yet returned a positive result the following day...the pair of us being vegan we never get a build up of mucous but yet feel a dense feeling around the nasal passage...in this instance we started with a discharge of mucus that lasted a day before developing into a sore throat which once again cleared up very quickly in my case the only thing of note every joint. muscle, ached had a mild headache but more alarming I slept almost 12 / 18 hours a day ....lost my appetite totally...dropped almost a stone in weight in 10 days.....the wife on the otherhand had sore throat cough headache but couldn't sleep at all ...lack of sleep added to her fatigue she also lost her appetite..and was far worse than I was ....it was only after we were given all clear from isolation we both lost our sense of smell and taste hence we stayed in isolation longer than most.....think it was almost 3weeks later before I shifted the cloud of fatigue I felt under ....got off very lightly to some I know...although they had underlying health issues that become apparent most flu seasons ...and got hospitalised

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Redhelen likes this.