Omar Bogle

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jack-BFC-92, Jan 9, 2017.

1. roy

royston tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hi Nelly. Welcome to the forum. Out of interest.......what sort of player is Bogle and do you think he could step up with ease to the championship. What's the rumoured clubs interested at the Grimsby side of things? Also your thoughts on Jackson mate on loan from us?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Nelly GTFC

Nelly GTFC New Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hi :) Well, Grimsby have virtually a new squad from last season's non-league play-off winning team, with better players from League one and two, and I think this has helped him immensely even with the lack of creativity. As mentioned Bogle can make goals out of nothing, scoring from distance, running through on goal, scores with headers; he's very strong on the ball, his only weakness in my opinion is trying to do too much which doesn't pay off.

A lot of goals Bogle scored for us he's had to make by himself, this is down to not having enough creativity/flair players, I don't think he's the finished article by a long shot, I think with better quality players like Barnsley and other Championship sides have, Bogle could really press on and make the step up.

First game Jackson was immense, seemed to fade off abit, but I think this was down to our previous manager - quite defensive in his setups home and away. I only go to the home games, but Jackson has been played on the right wing in a 4-5-1, that reverts to a 4-3-3 with our new manager. He is very quick and has the ability to get past players, more to come from him I think.

I would like to see us keep him for the duration of the loan, however we have just brought in a new striker and the possibility of another striker being brought in this week, maybe he will not feature in the new managers season plans with having to balance the books? We shall have to wait and see. :)

3. Sou

Soultyke New Member

Hi Nelly

There are a lot of clueless people on this board when it comes to transfer fees and what is the going rate for players performing outstandingly across the divisions, Omar Bogle got something like a 1 in 2 record outside of the football league and this season has 18 in 23 league games already this season so he is obviously on the way up and only turned 24 this summer. 1-1.5m would seem a good price for both clubs.

4. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    £1 million and that's your lot, remember these b*stards flogged us Kevin Donovan, my eyes are still stinging from his performances.

5. Nat

NathanBFC Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I would take bogle in a heart beat - especially if SSW leaves