Our only hope

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by kektyke, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lots of assumptions in there. Including the one that suggests they brought in Schopp knowing he'd be a complete failure.

In fact, the whole post is one giant assumption isn't it?

2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a fact that schopp is failing massively as a football manager at Barnsley and that his results have been appalling. It's also a fact that despite this he hasn't been sacked.

Now I agree it's an assumption to say that the reason he's not been sacked is because they don't care about results only player sales values but when taken in conjunction with Paul Conway moaning that reaching the play offs cost us money and the new CEOs comments about changing from a successful style of play to the current one in order to increase players stock prices it's hardly a huge leap to make.

3. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm only asking basic questions here, but who did you expect us to appoint as the new Head Coach and did you expect the style of football to be the same as under Val?

I agree on Schopp and where we are in the table, but it's also a fact he's been dealt a massively poor hand by the club and hasn't been set up for any kind of success. But those comments didn't really tie up with the post I was replying to so I'm a touch lost on what you're trying to say.

Kettlewell likes this.
  4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't have the data for every coach in Europe like the club claims to have so I can't list names but yes I fully expected us to carry on where left off in terms of football style. To see the team reach the playoffs and yet actively seek to change that playing style completely the following match makes absolutely no sense from a sporting point of view.

I'm trying to say that whilst yes it's an assumption to say certain things they are based on what has happened and what has been said by the clowns in charge and as such the assumptions that fans are making are all on the club and it's pathetic behaviour

5. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure if you're being completely honest there, but if you say so. The style that Val brought is something I've not seen anywhere. This wasn't just long ball football, hit it up to the big man and feed off, it was meticulously planned out with an innovative formation and a plan. I'm sure there's teams playing something similar, but I'm not sure if there's much success out there that you'd want to go and actively recruit them.

It's no surprise to me that it's a different style of play. I'm surprised it's so different and the performances have been so poor and naive, but assumptions that leap between points rather than connecting the dots don't become more valid just because we're performing badly and going through some sort of PR crisis.

6. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    No he didn't say that. He said the playing style impacted player value. He made no comment either way with regards changing the strategy based on that.

7. wolvestyke

wolvestyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think they believe that Schopp has been dealt a bum hand with staffing issues, injuries, pre-season fitness issues etc ST and that's influencing how much time they give him. I think El-Khaled genuinely believes he'll turn it around and we'll stay up. You (and me and many others) on the other hand believe that won't happen and that the probability of relegation grows with every day he's still here. I agreed with what the CEO said in the interview that he has to be more rational than emotional but at the moment to me it appears to be wasting time and postponing the inevitable.

SuperTyke likes this.