Please advise the best way to get Sky sports for the next 2/3 games.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mr Badger, May 9, 2021.

1. Tyke_67

Tyke_67 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's OK Fi. It's only for a month to support the Super Reds in the playoff push :)

fired and Redhelen like this.
  2. Chi

Chippy red Well-Known Member

I used bleach. Worked a treat.

fired, Redhelen and Mr C like this.
  3. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well, I’m planning to lash myself a hundred times with stinging nettles. If I get internet sorted in the new house in time.
    Your penance will be to go see Wednesday at home in league one. Or join me with the nettles. :eek:

4. Deafening Silence

Deafening Silence Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't understand the reticence to purchase a months worth of Sky to watch Barnsley for anythingnother than financial reasons.
    Barnsley are compensated everytime we appear so at least "some" of the revenue goes back to the club, and not just Reds fans.
    We need to embrace it before we are Premier League next season.

Redhelen and Mr C like this.
  5. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My Dad boxed in the army, mainly in Austria where he was stationed early Cold War. In between driving ambulances, proto paramedic duties. Was encouraged to go to trials for 1958 Olympic Games. But He’d signed up for another 5 years after national service. Lost 2 fights, broke his hand against an American. Other one was outside the ring, he didn’t say much about that. Whatever..
    70s & 80s was a golden age & I loved sitting with my Dad watching boxing on telly. As an ageing pugilist he would sniff & snort, whilst throwing & taking every punch, in time with the telly. Sometimes we stayed up all night to see the Americans. Marvellous Marvin,Sugar Ray, Roberto, Barry etc. & the heavyweights.
    we would watch sports night every Wednesday, looking for my Mams Dad who was a king blagger in London boxing & would always be 3 rows back from ringside at Royal Albert Hall & other venues. Sweet..
    But then Sky stole sport from the common man. & my old Dad. Not even highlights. Prince Naseem was the last great fighter my Dad got to watch & he loved him. He may have seen Lennox come up through the Olympics too, can’t remember, I’d left home years before. But he didn’t see much after & lost interest in his sport.
    That’s why I don’t like sky or anyone who monopolises a common interest.

Last edited: May 10, 2021