Reds v Stockport MDT

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tykeored, Sep 28, 2024 at 7:49 PM.

1. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Err I think that's what I was trying to say/ask in the first place, isn't it lol.
    That's nonsense when the refs refuse to give a pen, just because they've already given one.
    But the so called bigger teams do often get cheap and easy 'extra' pens.

2. Gor

Gordon Ottershaw Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I found it quite bizarre. Of the two you mention, their player deserved a yellow card for a clear dive. After initially doing the ‘there was contact’ ********, they backtracked and all saw it as a dive…sorry, they said he ‘initiated contact himself’ and ‘made the most of it’, i.e. a dive without saying it?

As for the one on Lofthouse, it wasn’t one of those 100%, nailed on, obvious fouls, but I thought it should have been a penalty and I’d expect 8 out of 10 refs to give it. Had we been the defending team I’d certainly have been thinking we got away with one, which we actually did. Not the aforementioned dive, but from one that I am amazed more wasn’t made of. It came from a corner, late on and Cosgrove basically just threw someone to the floor. The ref had a clear line of sight, so I can only imagine that neither he nor the linesman were watching. We didn’t go to the game tonight, because my son’s band had a gig and I went to watch that, but we turned our phones off, recorded the game and watched it ‘as live’ when we got in. When I saw Cosgrove do that i expected the ref to point to the spot. When he didn’t we rewound it and watched again. Couldn’t have been any clearer. Cosgrove is an idiot doing that in the box.