Rotherham rapists

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by e-red, Sep 1, 2014.

1. e-red

e-red Well-Known Member

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Am I missing something here? I'm watching Panorama about abuse in Rotherham and I've seen senior police officers, councillors, social workers apologising, but no news of any arrests. What is going on now? Not 10 years ago, but now, today.

2. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Weren't that gang arrested last year and finally brought to justice? Or was that a different gang of rapists?

3. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anyone who can be proved to have known about what was going on and did nothing should be dismissed and face criminal charges. Any one who was involved who hasn't already been arrested and convicted should be tracked down and have the key thrown away. The sodding PC brigade must be held to account for their implicitly with these horrendous crimes.

4. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's the police ( most corrupt people ever)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. e-red

e-red Well-Known Member

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1500 cases and 5 convictions? They must have got them all!

6. 'thereev'

'thereev' Banned Idiot

Company Director
    I think you may have a point with swillsborough, jimmy savile and his mates and now rovrum.

Someone knew it was going off in the police and clearly said nowt....why I wonder?????

7. Gloria Stitts

Gloria Stitts Active Member

That was in 2010, two of them are already out.

The Police, Council, Labour Party goings on in Rotherham have stunk for years.

8. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I'm gonna watch tonites documentary when deadline day is done!

9. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Don't forget Orgreave.

10. Red

Red West Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Couldn't agree more Mario, I normally don't get involved in political threads on here anymore (what's the point), however.......

It was only ever going to be a matter of time before the liberal/left ideology that dominates most of our public institutions these days, typically characterised by the slavish and rather sinister obsession with equality/diversity/tolerance politics etc, and of course the modern cancer of political correctness, yet with incompetence and deflection/obfuscation (and self-preservation) in-built as standard when it comes to managing anything useful or too difficult, ended up being responsible for something as horrifying as the Rotherham abuse scandal, and shown up for what it is, a massive part of the problem rather than the solution.

Presumably this was what Mr Blair envisaged when he and his toadies were deliberately throwing open the immigration floodgates soon after coming to power, so that the left might ‘rub the right’s nose in’ diversity and multiculturalism. When you have Labour MPs now being given airtime by their pals at the BBC so they can feebly decry the failure of the relevant parties to tackle these issues properly, and croakily admitting this may have been down to being too culturally/politically sensitive (only towards certain cultures of course), you know how petrified they all are of (correctly) being seen as largely responsible for this whole f*cking mess.

It’s such a sad irony that this was the same Council Child Protection team that felt it was appropriate (and subsequently strongly defended and upheld their decision) to remove foster kids from that seemingly good and kind couple in Rotherham simply because they were UKIP supporters (i.e. they did not ‘think’ the right way – perhaps they’ve since been sent for reprogramming?).

The various people responsible for the culture that has left these essential services in such a sorry state, from the likes of Harriet Harman right down to the indoctrinated drones that do her bidding, are lunatics, plain and simple. Just wish they'd hurry up and get to the Kool-Aid stage, do us all a favour.

11. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is this why Sir Jimmy got away with it too?

12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Not sure about this new name, I preferred it when they were called United.

13. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Setting aside the fact that Sir Jimmy's situation apparently involved a seasoned sexual predator operating within a wholly different set of circumstances (the one similarity perhaps being the BBC's willingness to turn a blind eye to what was going on), thanks for making my point regarding the left's willingness to deflect and obfuscate.

14. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Typical Tory right-wing *****. Note nothing mentioned about the Police Commissioner position,but there wouldn't be as **** Cameron and Theressa May heralded these appointments.

15. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutely disgrace what's happened. But there's some big themes being ignored in that post. The way women are viewed in all religions, the attitudes to white working class girls by the establishment, the lack of funding of social services, the failings and corruption of SYP for decades across major issues, multi-agency failings, individuals' failings, fear of taking on organised crime, that most sexual assaults on children are committed by white males, the sexualisation of children by society and the media, the problems in insular Asian communities, the problems in insular communities of all races, and on and on.

And how many of the offenders were first generation immigrants from the EU? Because the implication appears to be that this is a consequence of increased immigration under New Labour, which was of course a result of them signing up to the free movement of labour within the EU.

I'm not suggesting that concerns over racial tensions involving Muslim communities were not a significant factor in the inexcusable failings in this and other cases (tensions which it could be argued exist largely because of the demonisation of Islam but that's an endless chicken and egg scenario).

But this isn't left versus right. It's kids being let down on a monumental scale for a whole host of multifaceted reasons, and political dogma isn't going to solve it.

16. wil

wilkojohnson Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh aye the liberal/left ideology dominates does it?

That's why most of top positions in power are dominated by fee-paying ex public/private school boys....oh yes the old school tie still prevails.

17. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A lot if it is to do with the rights obsession with the power of the individual.

For what it's worth I'd place the perpetrators in prison for life. At the very least.

I'll leave that with you

18. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Spot on.

As for comments about police commissioner position, I couldn't work out at first why there were calls for the elected police commissioner to resign given that he wasn't appointed til last year after all this had taken place and thought it was rather strange asking for him to fall on his sword for something that occurred before he was appointed, until it actually got explained that he was in charge of child services for the council around this time - so fair enough.

This is a string of folk who were either corrupt, negligent, incompetent or all 3. It has got absolutely sod all to do with central government policy.

19. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's something we can agree on, the vermin that commit these crimes are a perfect advert for the re-introduction of the death penalty.

So the right were somehow responsible for Saville's behaviour? An allegedly prolific sexual offender operating from the seventies (most probably earlier) right until he died in 2011? You're really going to have to elaborate on this theory - everyone is first and foremost an individual, responsible for their own actions, yet 99% of people, be they in positions of power/influence or otherwise, appear capable of not touching up children (or worse).

20. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh dear.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here, as far as I'm aware Saville died before the Police Commissioner position even came into being. If you're suggesting that the Police Commissioner would have been inclined to ignore these issues because the role he inhabits was created by the Coalition (which includes Tories), you need to better understand the time-span over which the Rotherham investigation has identified this abuse taking place, which I think suggests the relatively new Commissioner role may have less to answer for than most.

That said, somebody probably also needs to explain to you the political allegiance (until a few days ago) and employment/representative background of the bloke that got the South Yorks Commissioner gig, which confirms that he does have an awful lot to answer for himself, just not necessarily because of his current role.