Sack Collins poll

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Biddy37, Mar 30, 2024.

?

Sack Collins poll

1. Yes

81 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. No

168 vote(s)
    67.5%
  1. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hence why I said ‘hugely disappointing drop off’. Having said that, Collins PPG has been better than Duffs for much of this season, and our away form has been fantastic.

I disagree that there is a big difference, or big enough for one manager to have his second ‘in or out’ poll of the season, with 7 games still to play, and the other to escape such criticism.

If anything, Duffs drop in form was worse that Collins, because they had showed what they could do during that winning run. It was as if someone sucked the life out of them.

This team hasn’t reached those heights, and that’s why I don’t get the uproar when Collins team loses compared to Duffs.

I get it feels bad because it’s now, but I just wish some people would think a bit more critically before posting. It’s not all black or white and I can give more examples of poor Duff performances from last season, starting with the very first game at Plymouth, when some of our lot booed us off.

2. Mul

MullerRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At this point last season (matches played), it was 2 games after Exeter & we went down 2-1 at Burton :(, so our run was 2 consecutive away losses & part of the slump being recalled by others in the thread.
    All in the past though & all that matters is bringing home the 3pts tomorrow. CYOR.

fitzytyke likes this.
  3. Bid

Biddy37 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When we draw tomorrow because we only pass sideways and have no movement upfront the happy clappers will change their vote

4. Bid

Biddy37 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The rumours are he's lost the dressing room

GeorgeRobledo likes this.
  5. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Rumours according to who?

6. fit

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There’s no such thing as a ‘happy clapper’ in reality. No football fan claps happily when the team is playing poorly or losing. We all want to see the exact opposite as often as possible.

The people you call ‘happy clappers’ know we can’t play well and win every week, and temper their expectations accordingly, and as a result they don’t ‘flip-flop’ between unbridled joy and desperation with every passing weekend.

it’s really that simple. Life’s pointless if you don’t learn from it.

7. S74 Red

S74 Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Woh woh woh, sweet child o’mine.

I’d never ask for my money back, or go on twitter to abuse someone. But our season under Collins is completely fizzling out despite having a load of (by league one standards) cracking players at his disposal. And I don’t think it’s unreasonable that people are asking questions or think that this is failure.

The 2 are not mutually exclusive.

8. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    despite having a load of (by league one standards) cracking players at his disposal... ?

9. S74 Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes. Loads.

10. fit

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we’ve got good players, but not enough of them unfortunately. In terms of squad strength we’re probably in our correct league position.

For whatever reason there’s very little on the bench. Cotter and Okeefe probably make a good player between them, at the back were an injury or suspension away from Williams being back to centre back. Very little to cover our 3 midfielders and McAtee the only forward you can rely on to put a shift in at the moment.

Connor and GeorgeRobledo like this.
  11. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But that doesn't mean the statistics show we're a mid table team performing above our ability.
    I went out for the day.

Not really sure what that actually proves. It is a stat on how we perform on the pitch and I don't really see how it can be argued that we perform badly on the pitch but perform well on the pitch.

12. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What do you base that idea on?.. few have much of a track record at this or a higher level with anyone else. Mainly lower league or Scottish football. If you could name the sought after players and their previous experience it might be helpful... but 'loads' is not much of an answer.

13. sir ronald

sir ronald Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Only our team could be in the play off positions and have a poll on sacking the manager. Are we Wednesday in disguise? Truly pathetic.

14. budmustang

budmustang Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The squad was one Norwood away from promotion this year. Simple as that.

dfic likes this.
  15. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Would Norwood have been playing centre half this season?

16. Did

Didcot Red Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I seem to recall that a number of members of this site were not very optimistic that we would be in contention for a play off place at the start of the season. The truth is that a club of our stature ought to be at the top end of this division. We have hit a wall, especially at home. It is down to the aptitude of our management team to get the players through this.

The time to assess the success or otherwise of the club and its management is after 46 (49) games.

17. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think it's unreasonable that people are asking questions or thinking it's a failure either. However I don't think polls to sack the manager while we're in the top 6, demanding Club statements or abusing Club officials on social media, are examples of that. I think they're examples of childish tantrums.

18. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nope but I think it's very reasonable to ask/suggest that due to the ill feeling towards the manager (which is far stronger than it appears on this board. Just look at the disrespect the fans at the ground show to him) the early bird period needs extending until the season is over and people can make an informed decision knowing whether or not he will still be here. Otherwise I think there will be a large decrease in sales worse than anyone realises.

19. She

Sheriff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think there'll be any change in the deadline, but I do feel from a personal perspective that the early bird deadline will work against the club to an extent this season, due to the mediocre home record this year, and particularly the drop off in performances in the last few games.

I left Oakwell on Friday thinking I was done for the season, as I'm becoming increasingly resentful of a near 60 mile round trip to watch the same uninspiring performances over and over again. It's from that mindset that I now have to make a call on renewal in the next few weeks.

The price increase alone is bad enough, especially if I renew my daughter's seat too. One certainty is that I won't renew at any of the increased prices when they kick in.

Part of the issue is failing out of love with the game in general, so it's not 100% BFC related apathy, but the games I've witnessed as a ST holder this season aren't exactly making me want to rush back and do it all over again. In that sense, I'm feeling very time pressured about renewal due to the artificially imposed club deadline.

20. S74 Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Roberts, Williams, Kane, McAtee and Cole will be championship players next season.

Cadden, Connell, Phillips were good last season in this league and with that year experience it’s not unreasonable to expect them to be at least as good if not better. They’ve all gone backwards in Collins time here.

Cosgrove, O’Keeffe and Earl are proven at this level. Jon Russell was a game away from the premier league not long ago.

He’s either lost the dressing room or a very poor coach. We’re going backwards rapidly to the point where I'm not even sure we’ll make the playoffs. It’s completely unacceptable in my opinion.