Scottish Independence

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Jun 28, 2022.

1. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i reckon Scotland should have one every year. After all a lot changes. In fact so should England, Wales and NI ;-)

2. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Northern Independence Party is a bad joke. A bunch of hard left soundbites and a logo with a whippet. The Yorkshire Party have been improving year on year for a while now and actually seem to have a reasoned manifesto and thought out policies.

3. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think the NIP have some dodgy financial backers - think EDL/Brexit types. Along the lines of UKIP but for lefties.

4. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This thread has taken an increasingly weird turn. There's something a bit bizarre in a group of English people telling the Scots what is best for them or chucking in a load of insults, particularly with a large group of these people coming from the north of England. An area renowned for it's 'cap doffing' to Westminster and Whitehall; one that when asked whether it would like more control over its own destiny said 'no thanks, we'd like to keep Whitehall in charge'. And when asked whether they wanted to keep a corrupt electoral system or sometime rather more democratic said 'we'd like to keep the corrupt one thanks'. Then finally voted in huge numbers to 'take back control' with all the benefits they perceived in that.

Fcku me! These are the people now giving advice, tips and guidance, to the Scots. There is a consequence (benefit in my view) to 'taking back control' and that is the end of the 100 year experiment we call the UK. It's had its time; it's now failing badly, it has been for a long time, it's not going to get any better. Let it have a quick death rather than a slow lingering one.

God forbid but when the Scots and the Irish have gone to forge their own future, it might get the people of the North of England off their knees.

JLWBigLil and Fonzie like this.
  5. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Blackpool is a hot spot for Scottish cash and when I get given some I get rid first chance I get :D If they win the vote to leave the UK it will be interesting what currency they start using. Probably try and get in the EU to use Euros.

6. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Seems pretty likely to me at this point that they will hold a referendum, probably win it, but it won't be legally binding as it will not have the permission of westminster, at which point either the UK supreme court or international courts will get involved and I can't see any outcome other than them siding with the UK.

What happens after that is anybody's guess

7. arabian_ian

arabian_ian Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    FIGHT?

8. Gimson&theBarnsleys

Gimson&theBarnsleys Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If they win it they should unilatetally declair independence. Johnson seems to do what he wants irespective of the law, so he's set a prescedence.

9. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    That wouldn't stand up in international court though...

10. BostonRed

BostonRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think a lot of you can sympathise when i say i fkin hate political talk. But i'll say something for what its worth.

I hope they get a referendum, maybe in the next 2 to 5 years, hopefully in a more stable global climate (if possible), i would hope they stay but would be pleased for them otherwise. Been to Scotland many a time, seen the best of the best (highlands/Orkney/Fort William to Inverness on boat), to the worst, council estates in Glasgow and Dundee. And honestly the people are no different to the people you get in such surroundings here.

Best of luck whatever happens.

Merde Tete likes this.
  11. RedStriker

RedStriker Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I reckon the SNP missed a trick by not letting the English and Welsh have a vote last time out. They would have been independent 5 years ago if they had.