Sponsor

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Nardiello, Aug 6, 2022.

1. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley

Screenshot_2022-08-09-00-11-10-59_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

He's responded to the Trust's statement. Don't seem very conciliatory.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  2. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    his entire timeline is a continuous stream of bile. I see no way whatsoever, how the Club can justify having a commercial partner involving him.

3. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not a topic to joke about really.

4. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley

Wonder how the Clubs investigation is going

5. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The big ‘context reveal’ isn’t up to much is it?

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  6. Indie Red

Indie Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Also add anti abortionist, against womens rights and mass shooting denier so most likely pro guns/NRA.

He’s basically all the ingredients of one big bowl of soup of complete and utter c()ntyness!

Probably deep down supports Wednesday anorl, the c()nt!

It’s not just him though, if you spend a few minutes on each of the ‘key’ figures of Hex social media accounts (which I don’t recommend to do) you’ll see they all sh’t in the same pot so to speak and all have the same disgusting views. I don’t see how the club can continue to not only be sponsored but associated with these lot.

7. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is this in the Sponsorship deal or owners?

8. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If like others have said it’s actually just a small group of people trying to push the Hex brand, does that not raise if they are allowed to use it?
    I own shares in a few companies but I doubt I would be able to use their brand to sponsor someone.

9. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think this raises the discussion around HEX not really being a traditional brand, or a company, and more just a code or a financial tool. Those with better knowledge than me will be able to explain that.

It's basically a community. And one that is quite rightly very alien to 99.9% of UK football fans

Stephen Dawson and lk311 like this.
  10. Bin

Bing Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This could get very bad very quickly. I hope there's a way the club can get out of this deal with these right-wing nutcases.

11. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't believe they gave BFCST a few words but haven't bothered keeping upto date the wider fan base on their official site.

12. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is this a new thing or new get out clause....

I'm only doing social commentary... Well word it as that then instead of making it look like your own views....

13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    We're sponsored by Hex.com.

That's not a community or a code or a financial tool. It's a website. A website that is paid for. By a company.

Hex itself isn't a community or a code or financial tool either, it's a crypto currency.

All the above is carefully chosen rhetoric formulated by those behind Hex to snare people in and create a sense of belonging. It was the language used by Brent Morrissey in the Tweet in which he thanked the two Twitter accounts that have caused so much repulsion. It's the language used by the Hex Bots and the Hex followers who are harassing Barnsley supporters.

Brent Morrisey himself is not just an investor. He has worked with Richard Heart since before Hex was launched and was involved in the development.
    https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/bitcoinhex
    He clearly still has a role within the company behind Hex.

14. NathanBFC94

NathanBFC94 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just watched the video this morning that Loko shared last night. Got a few thoughts for what it's worth so here goes:

The three guys on the video came across pretty well and the foodbank donation is brilliant, they also talked a good game about helping not only the club through merch sales and getting local/UK based 'Hexicans' to Oakwell to watch matches etc. but they mentioned about want to help the local community too which if true is great.

Yashdeep to me is very naive, his comment at the end around free speech etc. is a worry and noticed Loko called him out on that too but he got no reply. His tweets proved he was naive using the homophobic slur as a throwaway insult. Tried to justify it but should have just put his hands up and said he was wrong. I don't think he necessarily think he himself is a homophobe as such, would just say he is naive more than anything.

Kuqi as mentioned before was confirmed as being part of the group. This is still the big alarming thing in all of this. The person behind that account clearly has some awful views and we cannot be associated with that person in anyway. If this deal is to remain in place, that person has to be removed from the investment/deal and Hex must distance themselves from that person. If they don't/won't then Barnsley have to end this partnership. It is as simple as that IMO.

They addressed the issues around 'Hexicans' attacking Reds fans on Twitter etc. and did admit that the culture of Hex on Twitter needs to change and did ask for their followers to think about what they are posting which is good and hopefully that message gets through. They did deflect it a bit though and say it was 50-50 and we were attacking them just as much. I personally disagree with that part, my personal experience has been very much one sided from Hex as I have not attacked Hex or anyone from Hex on Twitter yet have received numerous tweets having a go at me and the club over a basic opinion but I am sure some of our fans have given stuff back too.

They agreed the logo doesn't look that good on the shirt due to the colours but confirmed that they chose not to have it all white as they wanted to keep to their actual colour scheme which is annoying as it would have looked better if it was just all white and matched the shirt at least.

They also said they want us all to invest into Hex, so that clearly is their aim which again I don't like. For me, the role of a sponsor is the help the club financially in return for that slot on the shirt which helps promote their brand. If that leads to extra sales etc. then great but the purpose should not be to sell/push your product to all the supporters. They talked about asking 'Hexicans' to reach out in a positive way to fans and help us set up accounts with them and give us free Hex coins and so on to get us all started. Wasn't a fan of all that. Do not want to be hassled by these guys to set up accounts and stuff if I reply to my clubs posts etc.

Overall, I feel a little less angry after that than I did yesterday and Sunday but still would prefer if we cut ties and moved on. This cannot stay if that Kuqi person is not removed from the investment either. If they do remove that person and we do remain, lots needs to be done to build the bridges that have been burned but I fear too much damage has been done and it is probably easier to just move on. It could have possibly worked and been a good deal but it has ultimately been handled very badly.

Loko the Tyke and Stephen Dawson like this.
  15. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    You can't reason with populists and cults. They'll tell you what you want to hear over and over and demonstrate in the most modest terms that they are trying to help you.

When in reality, it's about them. It's not an equal partnership, it's akin to an abusive partnership. And when this gets terminated and they get rejected, the abuse will flood out to all things BFC. It's a can of worms that frankly, we're just not big enough or equipped enough to deal with and I'm genuinely worried about the blowback once we attempt to undo the mess.

I don't know how we get out of this unscathed, but get out of it we must. In a perverse way, it's probably a good thing there is such vileness in their social media output as it should give us good reason for breach and for us to withdraw. It's what happens next that frightens me.

anstonred, Old Gimmer, Mido and 2 others like this.
  16. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Personally I don’t see any alternative to canning the deal. I’m actually more angry now than I was yesterday. To the point where if they stay, I seriously might not. We’re basically sponsored by someone who is the very definition of everything I stand against. Even if he was somehow ‘sidelined’, the DNA is still there and I’ve got absolutely no doubt he would be operating/influencing in some unofficial capacity. We would continue to be tied with him.

This is before we get onto the ethics of the product they are flogging, how they do that, their social media presence etc.

For me it’s a disaster, and someone needs to answer for it. I’ve lost all confidence in our CEO.

ubique_tyke, Mido, Indie Red and 5 others like this.
  17. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They’ll move on to the next thing. They follow each other around enthusiastically and there’s no point sticking around to harass BFC when there’s no money in it.

18. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I hope you're right.

19. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Also, please people don’t fall for all the ‘we’ll buy shirts, tickets, etc.’ load of crap. They’re here to make money, not spend it. Sure, one or two of them might buy a shirt to wear whilst grifting on a video to try and lure people in, they might buy a ticket as a means to distribute leaflets or talk up Hex, some might be genuine and want to just check out a game, but they’re not going to spend thousands at our club for no reason. Everything these people do is to make money, it’s their reason for being. That’s what they care about, not finding a new sports team to support. It’s easy to hear what we want to hear but until we see orders for thousands of shirts being placed and tickets selling out then it’s all just empty words to get us to like them.

Old Gimmer, Mido, Archerfield and 4 others like this.
  20. Hig

Higgy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you are going to be one of those that contact the club and pay a % of the money lost too Marc?

I've just seen 299 tickets sold for Wednesday night.

People who don't even watch the team moaning about a sponsorship. embarrassing.