Sponsor

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Nardiello, Aug 6, 2022.

1. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The way the are acting is very much questionable yes. And it's that which should lead to being able to remove it.

But if you read through the mammoth page I posted a bit back, it's very hard even if they were angels and not thrown abhorrent comments at folk, to support such a scheme anyway.

So it's not exclusive to how they are acting to people on Twitter, it should very much include what that's scheme is. Had they not posted such bile, having checked them out, I'd still want them to have no association with us

2. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's the posts of one of the three people who are sponsoring us, the originator of HEX has also posted an 'April Fools' joke about being gay and one of the other sponsors called someone a f*g. I should hope it's not the views of the football club, but until they do something about it and continue to be aligned with them then it could be taken to be so.

churtonred, SuperTyke and JLWBigLil like this.
  3. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But that's exactly what the Club did, as a response to the BFCST statement. The Club response in the BFCST statement was a holding statement. It couldn't have been more 'beige'. It didn't answer the questions in any way. What they actually did, was not only issue a 'beige holding statement', but they did it via BFCST, rather than through official Club channels, which IMO is absolutely what they should have done. For the record, I have no issue with a holding statement. I advocated it. But to challenge the need for a 'beige holding statement', then include exactly that, seems odd.

4. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's impossible. If you put him on ignore then threads don't make any sense. He pollutes everything with his Tommy Oppositie viewpoint - he's a complete ******.

I haven't been on here for a few weeks and thought I'd pop in to see what fellow Reds fans think about the shambles that is Hex - I've been away from social media most of the weekend. Most folk are asking the right questions, and I also do not want us associated with these homophobic, transphobic con men.

But I can't deal with reading the views of this moron. I need to stay away for my own sanity.

Shy Talk likes this.
  5. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I said to you yesterday though mate, fair challenge to suggest it should have gone through official channels rather than BFCST and the Chron. My personal take is that’s a softer way of doing it, and looks less ‘beige’ than having it be sent out officially with nothing else, but no drama if you disagree.

6. Gegenpresser

Gegenpresser Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    That's twice now and you need help.

It's per se.

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's gone 30 hours, have they got back to you?

8. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That’s why I said I’d be disappointed if we haven’t had something by this time tomorrow.

And I wouldn’t expect that to go through BFCST and go straight out to the fan base. All of us seeing at the same time.

9. jptykes

jptykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, it's not just about the actions on Twitter etc but these are some of the public actions that as fans we can try to use as pressure on the club to make change.

As you say, even if they were angels it's not the type of sponsor I'd want us to have.

10. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I v
    Yes, I was just bringing that into it. I didn't need to add to the already well documented Twitter posts, it's clear as day that side.

I'm of the mindset, I still wouldn't want them

11. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Reasonable person: "It's fècking outrageous that I got broke into last night. The burglars are scum"

Hemsteiger: "why aren't you complaining about the war in Ukraine? I get more annoyed by that"

Fècking imbecile

jptykes likes this.