Sunak v Truss

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyke The Tree-Frog, Jul 26, 2022.

?

Who do you regrettable want as Prime Minister?

1. Sunny Sunak

18 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Trusty Truss

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not a good look. He's well behind and should conceed gracefully now so Truss can get on with it. We've got Boris on holiday and his replacement not announced for another month when they could be getting on with things.

Kettlewell likes this.
  2. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's hardly a surprise. This has been known for a long time, that the tory govt (not sure Sunak was the instigator, despite his boasting) was siphoning funds to pro tory areas and punishing non tory voting ones. That should be criminality frankly.

What is most grim though is this daily screening and pushing of the tory contest. Nothing else is getting much bandwidth, just pushing the tory brand and pretending it demonstrates huge amounts of talent.

And some of the pledges are frightening. I don't think we'll have much country left after 2 years of Truss.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  3. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's a **** and I hate him but I'm praying he somehow wins, as he's at least somewhat financially competent. Trussonomics will be an absolute disaster, she claimed yesterday that a recession is avoidable and wants to revoke the BoE's independence.

4. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    Completely agree. We're back in brexit lala land where sense and reason and expertise is badged as something that shouldn't hold sway or be considered important in decision making.

The constant use of the phrase "Treasury Orthodoxy" has gathered lots of momentum. They've declared war on so many areas that they've pretty much run out of places to direct their gaze.

As for the environmental lack of protections... you have to venture into true dystopian fantasy to get close to where this bunch are heading. Who knew Johnson was a green zealot in comparison?

mansfield_red likes this.
  5. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nudge knew. He kept banging on about BJs green credentials

In all seriousness though, their current agendas are designed to be attractive to the Tory base and shouldn’t really be taken seriously as a measure of their actual opinions.

The other point is that we can’t expect honesty from any politicians right now, because none of them have the backbone to admit that Brexit has f’ed the country and we need to acknowledge that before we can attempt to fix anything. I’ve no idea how that’s gonna change either, as the people driving the agenda have no desire to admit they were wrong.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  6. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't know why people concern themselves with policy. Whoever is in charge, whether that be Blue, Red or Yellow will do whatever they are told by the real power men at the top.

Redblueunwhite likes this.
  7. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Doesn't matter who you vote for, the Government always get in.

8. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We can joke but the establishment has been there since the 1800's. It's designed to keep the natural order.

Redstone likes this.
  9. Pin

PinballWizard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Take from the poor and give to the rich. Another WEF policy. Whoever wins the next GE, expect more of the same while ever Davos is pulling the strings.

Redblueunwhite likes this.
  10. Dan

Style:
    Barnsley
    You're right that they are pitching to a very slender minority that is in no way representative of the UK population. But they must surely know, this time more than ever too, that what they say is seen by everyone.

I hope it's the case that they row back on this rhetoric, because so far, they are just coming across as evil lunatics (ok, thats Truss, Sunak just looks like a desperate snake oil salesman) with zero morality.

They've lashed out at China, Russia, Scotland, Judges, people who work in Diversity and Inclusion, the Treasury, a Plastic Patriot (I mean, really?), the BofE and god knows what else. We've seen commitments to cut taxes of the wealthy and not much significant help to those who actually need it. Commitments to extract more oil and gas, maybe even new coal power stations and to scrap subsidising green energy.... though of course, fossil fuel subsidies will be at least untouched. And not to forget intensifying the war against the poor buggers in dinghies (though I'm sure the navy ships were supposed to curtail them).

I've got to say... I'm not sure I can face weeks more of this vile "contest".

11. fol

fole13 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sunak or Truss = Scabies or Impetigo ?

12. StatisTYKE

StatisTYKE Well-Known Member

Rodent Disposal Operative.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Next: the cost of living crisis presented as an opportunity...

“Yes, many people will die this winter. But I have to make it clear they will be poor people - old and unemployed - living in deprived areas. They contribute nothing to the economy, so I feel the country will be in a better position without them.”

13. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

Yep it was said just after the end of his video….

14. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is Lucifer, Son of the Morning not on the list?

Austiniho likes this.
  15. thetykester

thetykester Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Put it anyway you want, these Tory batsards took money from areas that desperately needed it & gave to those who didn't. Fck em, one & all & any Tory.

upthecolliers likes this.
  16. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I see this Duckegg Sunak is blaming high inflation on people on benefits and the loss of people in the workplace he must have never heard of Brexit and most people on benefits are working or looking for a job the rest are invalided. As for Truss who looks and acts like a ventriloquist dummy for the nutters in the ERG the less said the better. We have been on a downward spiral since 2010 and when one of these nutters gets the PM's gig we will be up the proverbial without a paddle.