'The Memories I have will be imprinted on me until the day I die' - WSB meets Danny Wilson

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Dyson, Apr 11, 2017.

1. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dearly wish that it had worked out better second time around. It still rankles with me how we got rid at the time. He gave us the best times ever as a Barnsley fan and it would have been awesome to have experienced it again.

Thanks for the memories DW.

2. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Kind of agree with that. Whilst, eventually, the decision to get rid of him has been proved right, I didn't like how it was done, nor some of the reasons given at the time. Especially replacing him with Johnson. He put some of the foundations in place for what we achieved last season and during this one, and picked the club up off its arse after relegation. But performances were poor when he was dismissed.

All that said though, he gave us a magical period for our club. What he achieved in his first season I think is underestimated. 2 sided ground, some gates under 4,000 and he got us into 6th place playing some of the best football since the Hunter era.

What followed still gives me goosebumps when I think about it. Don't need to say anymore. My opinion and respect for him hasn't changed one bit.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

JamDrop and Connor like this.
  3. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great interview , brings back loads of good memories , shame it didn't work out 2 nd time , but will never forget the promotion to the prem

4. Goo

Googs Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have nothing but respect for the bloke, 99.9% of our fans will always feel that way too I'm sure. A great interview, thanks for posting it online.