The new NFL Season

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Acido Tyke, Sep 27, 2024 at 4:54 AM.

1. She

Sheriff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll drop you a message with more info, but it won't be until later in the day as I'm about to head out.

2. kir

kirky boy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No problem,but thank you. Andy

3. Spirit Ditch

Spirit Ditch Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Feel like we do this thread anew every year!

Huge Packers fan- my football team were sponsored by an accountant who went to Wisconsin as a kid with the scouts. We were called Penistone Oshkosh after his firm. We raised money to go to the states on a football tour in 1990, which made the local papers as it's not a touristy place, especially back then.

We played the local teams and absolutely battered them until losing a close game against a team two years older than us. One team started the game by punting the kick off into our half like an American football game!

Anyhow, the Packers invited us to Lambeau during training camp. We got to walk amongst the players and have a tour of the stadium. It was incredibly hot and fans were crowding outside the fences staring in disbelief as we walked through. I didn't know anyone but the fact these huge crowds were clamouring to watch people train gave me the first sense of how big the sport is there.

I watch all the games on dazn, but I'm not staying up for the late ones as I'm too old and have to work. Get to a game once a year if possible. I missed the ticket sale this year and secondary is so pricey.

Btw we should have a bbs fantasy league on sleeper or something, would be great!