The rebuild

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by In4reds, May 4, 2024.

1. In4

In4reds Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What's people's opinion on it, would be easier in the championship with increased budget and attracting player's because of the higher level. Trying to do it at that level scares the life out of me personally if we don't get it spot on it's going to be a very long season. The rebuild is massive we have maybe 3 or 4 championship quality players Connell (fully fit) Pines possibly Phillips and Jalo that leaves a lot position to fill in one summer unless people think more are capable of stepping up.

2. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think championship income will allow us to move much further forward right now.

If we gained promotion every player we have will want a pay rise. And then any player coming in will want high wages which we can't really afford anyway.

We need to be better at recruitment. Reduce the size of the squad and stop with the layering of a thousand kids which may or may not have potential.

We need a smaller but more able squad. As simple as that

3. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jalo is certainly not championship quality, yet. Let's stop pretending he is. He's shown a few quality glimpses in league one, he's also shown a few bad ones too!

4. In4

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's why I said possibly,I'm trying to be optimistic you can't be certain any of them are to be fair.

5. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the new head coach will want to look at the squad for himself before making a decision. So could be the end of August before we see incomings. Having said that, some targets may have already been approached by that time? We’ll see

6. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Yep, better targeted recruitment, genuine attempt to build and the appointment of a coach who can improve the squad. Coach is the critical appointment for me.

Geddiswasguud likes this.
  7. Jud

Juddy G Well-Known Member

Watter man
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Aim next season is staying in league one I’d guess that’s how low this board have driven us

wakeyred and KamikazeCo-Pilot like this.
  8. NathanBFC94

NathanBFC94 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

This 100% squad is so bloated with players that are not good enough and not enough ready made quality

9. Mr BFC88

Mr BFC88 Well-Known Member

North Area Council
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought the whole point of going from a manager to a head coach and appointing a DOF was to ensure that we didn't have the constant squad upheavals when we invariably get a new coach through the door? This, I think, will be the first proper transfer window where we've had this set-up, so I forgot one will be willing to hold my judgement until the enf of the upcoming window.

10. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s all relevant. If by some miracle we got promoted and picked up the extra wedge, we’d be playing against better teams with bigger budgets.

League one is getting stronger at the top. We’ve now got to factor in Birmingham, Millers & Huddersfield with those of us that didn’t quite make it, plus Wrexham and maybe Stockport. Also Reading and Wigan if they decide to start gambling again.

11. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In fairness KCP no matter who gets the gig it will not be greeted with total agreement.Some have already said "if its not someone I know I;m not getting a season ticket".
    Maybe the DOF should go door to door canvassing for who the Barnsley massive want electing for manager.

anstonred and Cowboy like this.
  12. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thats very fair comment and my views entirely.

13. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    YAWN

14. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can we not put an ad in the Hollywood Advertiser to see if there are any multi millionaire films tars who would be interested in taking on a club to get a bit of rivalry going with Ryan Reynolds and his mate?:rolleyes:

15. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It won't be universally agreed yes but overall most fans (I still think) know when they've got a good manager after they've watched the team for a few games. I honestly can't remember people slagging Duff off after a while because he'd got the squad working well. I personally thought Collins was no good after watching the team till Novemberish. There was no tight shape or fluid movement with Collins' team for me. Unlike Duff. My opinion of course but I think we'll know if the next bloke is any good after 7/8 games. Even if he's 'ok' he might help stabilise things.

16. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's true mate. I just don't want us to overhype young talent to the point if they're not as good as we think they will be, we're deeply disappointment and think theyre crapper than they actually are. If that makes sense... lol

17. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Duff had people wanting him gone after 3 games. Details are tiny in football yet can have a massive impact. In my opinion, 'when' we turn it around, and I do believe we will, people will return again, it's happened before, it'll be a lot worse than this in the years to come, and it'll happen again, it'll be a lot better than this in years to come too.

judith charmers and SFOTyke like this.
  18. In4

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It certainly makes sense but as it looks odds on league 1 next season I would like to see him get a run of games and patience from us fans and let's see what we're got.

19. In4

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We need continuity no club can go in a two year cycle of ripping up and starting again. They need to to show some leadership if they believed Collins was the man which they did 10 months since they should have stuck to there guns ignored all the outside noise. The fans don't always know best, get somebody in tell them 3yr project recruit on that basis and stick to it. In the short term it probably won't be great but if the man at the top is the right one (head coach) they need to show some balls and see it out we simply can't continue making the same mistakes.

George Kerr likes this.
  20. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If the new coach waits until the end of the window to strengthen we’ll be playing catch up yet again. Whoever it is will surely be briefed that we need a keeper, centre half, left back and a forward as a minimum.