This thing at Garrison on Tuesday...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by RedVesp, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let me answer that.

Yes, I'd like to see either of the 2 Board (CO) Chairs say they are willing to sell the Club and are open to sensible offers. Forgive me for wanting that to come from the Owners themselves but the CEO made it quite clear throughout his long interview that he couldn't actually speak for the Owners on a range of matters. I suspect this might be one of them.

Not being funny but that commitment from the Owners, not this weeks CEO, would massively change this whole debate.

Redhelen likes this.
  2. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m making no estimation at all. As a fan, it’s not my job to find new owners, which is why it’s similarly pathetic to expect to oust the current ones.

Logic dictates they can’t leave till someone else buys the club. And as you and I can’t force someone to buy the club, it’s a bit pointless us trying to force out the current lot.

Kettlewell likes this.
  3. Don

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You’re not being funny, you’re being hilarious.
    The CEO stated he couldn’t speak for the owners on several matters… but not the one you’ve raised, where he apparently could speak for them, and did so.

I could take you seriously if he’d refused to answer, but he gave exactly the answer you want to hear. You should be delighted, but apparently not.

4. Dalestykes

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd not considered that! I assumed 3000 Members meant active Members. People who had got of their arses and could be a powerful voice of the Supporters.

Your points about the different stances of the ST and the FB group seem to me to be spot on. They have different Agendas. And, assuming (not unreasonably) that 'Conway (Owners) Out' reveals a very explicit aim, then they can only align if, in time, the ST come to the same conclusion. My fear is we'll be playing Penistone Church by that time.

Redhelen and Jimmy viz like this.
  5. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting.

Although we have seen a load of players of which the cost as been stumped by us go to the other clubs. For how much we have no idea. But suspect at a loss to our club.

We have yet to see a single player come the other way though and benefit Barnsley, right?

6. Dalestykes

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for your constructive engagement. I'm just grateful you didn't manage to squeeze your views on Brexit and your opinion of the residents of Barnsley into this particular post. Keeps it simple.:)

7. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Regarding the team as far as I see it we have lost 1 influential player in Mowatt from last year remember we came 5th, for me, it's not the owner's fault we are rock bottom but the players.
    As for this Conway out gang, it's a pity they have nothing better to do.

Austiniho and crossred like this.
  8. Don

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You’ve got a cracking line in ignoring the point when it doesn’t suit.

As for my views on Brexit? I never stated them, I just made a comparison between the 2 issues to show how people can easily be triggered into ignoring logic.

As for my view of you? You constantly prove my point on how someone can ignore logic and instead react in a knee jerk fashion.

And to be fair; you’re consistent:)

Redarmy87 likes this.
  9. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Would challenge that. Hard to quantify but we definitely had a fairly large transient group, who were all members and understood the Trust ran the Supporters' Bar. Throughout the five years we had 500+ regular faces coming in and out, listening to updates, and only using the facilities because it was Trust run. 'For the Fans. Bu the Fans' meant a lot to our regular guests.

It increased our followings and memberships. Active is a hard word to define though, so difficult to argue either way. But out of your c.30 in attendance last night you've close to 10 being from the club/BFCST so the numbers drop straight away before you look at others who attend.

Would also say that other supporters' groups might not be members but we actively speak with and help. There was a meeting last Thursday that we led, or Alan led, around some of the new rules for travelling to games or safety at match days (I'm waiting for the notes to type up). I think the new safety officer dialled in on Zoom and it was attended by the lead rep of most of the supporter groups. Should put something out on that before the weekend but more of an FYI than anything that affects much of us on here.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  10. Dalestykes

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I think that means 'your logic' doesn't it.

No matter. Thank you again for sharing your wisdom. And If you could just drop me the details of the Customer Care course you've recently attended, I would be grateful.

Redarmy87 likes this.
  11. She

Shepley Red Well-Known Member

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I like Luke and the Tykes TV stuff he did but let's be right, he shat himself. The CEO had the balls to turn up and he asked him nothing :D. Can't go criticising the ST when you then have a great opportunity to ask some probing questions and do **** all. It was just regurgitated stuff that 95% of us are aware of. What about this new model? Why didn't he talk about the aims and objectives? Give us a bit more info on that.

pompey_red likes this.
  12. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is anyone on here worthy of escaping your wrath and disrespect :D? Why so personal Donny?

13. Don

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like I said, you’ve a cracking line in ignoring the facts when they don’t suit.

You could give Nadine Dorries a run for her money if you play your cards right. ;)

14. Don

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Where’s the personal? I answered his questions and when he doesn’t like the answer, he ignores the point and attacks me for my manner :)

15. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Come on, there’s a few examples..
    ‘Is that the one where you sheepishly acknowledge…’
    ‘You’re not being funny you’re being hilarious…’
    ‘I could take you seriously, if…’
    ‘You ignore the point when it doesn’t suit…’
    ‘As for my view of you? You constantly prove my point on how someone can ignore logic and instead react in a knee jerk fashion. And to be fair; you’re consistent:)

Where’s the personal? It’s like watching mid-noughties Anne Robinson in action! :D And I’ve been on the end of your jib too! :)

16. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If these numbers keep changing then maybe Luke just did his presentation to Khaled.

17. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes can certainly appreciate that. I think losing the supporters bar even in the rubbish office space is a big loss and not sure the Fanzone in any way replaces it.

For active. Regularly attends / contributes to the activities of the ST from a planning rather than attending point of view. Is active in managing/improving facilitating the relationship between fans and club.

For the Facebook group it’s easier. They are a single issue group and should in theory be able to mobilise around a straightforward message though balanced against that they are clearly inexperienced organisationally. So I would expect them to be able to recruit more active members more quickly than you that’s not a criticism.

18. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I have shares in the supporters trust. Genuinely. Certificate and everything. Think I may exercise some power. @Gally and @Loko the Tyke Out first obviously

19. Kettlewell

Kettlewell Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Never,I think you and Paul and everyone else at the Trust do a fantastic job. I agree that increased membership may.help the club and supporters feel they can have a clear conduit of communcation. I understand there are clubs in Europe who operate in a similar way. I don't believe the Trust is, or has ever been about, stopping any supporters making their views on matters around the club known.

20. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [​IMG]

Gally, Slightly Balding and JLWBigLil like this.