US Election

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dreamboy3000, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't have it both ways though? I'm not pioneering for an opinion on anyone just pointing out the facts. The US were starting to motor the last 2-3 weeks already - doesn't mean they can't motor even faster but some of their failings are down to issues at state level.

The new target, after Biden realised 100 million was already happening, is 150 million. Trajectory would have got them there anyway from what I've seen but at least they're aiming for something.

2. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Not wanting it two ways mate .
    My point was Biden was working behind the scenes as Pres elect with only state assistance as Trump refused or hindered any sort of cooperation whilst he immersed himself in trying to be a dictator .
    Plenty of evidence coming from news agencies etc that Biden was doing more as Pres elect than Trump and that agencies and depts were getting more working with Biden as Trump had essentially given up and the agencies were almost stand alone .

3. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Possibly true. But many of those news agencies will want to paint a positive picture as you'd expect, and for all the lack of strategy being suggested the numbers tell a different story and the state vs. central government performance impacts massively. Very little coverage of CA and NY dragging the numbers down as badly as they were. PA about to drop in to 50th and last place on vaccine performance, largely being blamed on the governor from what I've seen.

As outsiders we can only really work on the facts. School report would likely say 'You've got a B but how do you get an A star'. Maybe Biden has been instrumental in the latest numbers, but the trend was already there which was my point. It's not a hill I'm willing to die on though, just an observation based on the numbers.

4. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    As you say we never know but given how Trump had ridiculed and dismissed the virus and its effects including denying or questioning some states and called for the strategies to be dismissed in favour of businesses and not protecting the workers it’s not a subject I’m willing to give him if any benefit of the doubt t h .

5. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Again though that will just boil down to personal opinion on how to approach Covid. The Republicans in the camp of keeping business open as much as possible and the Democrats in favour of stricter lockdowns.

It's basically the same debate we have on here about the UK. What's interesting though is those who vote Democrat moving to Republican run states because schools are open, businesses are open, there's job growth, and a speedy roll out of the vaccine. We're essentially one state so we're all stuck here with no border to cross and get away from our Government.

6. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I drew my opinion of him ridiculing mask wearing,
    Social distancing , not giving protection to workers or even right to wear a mask at work where and employer could dismiss you for wearing one .
    I’m far from being an advocate of predicting Joe Biden is a saint or that he’s gonna be a good president but the nut jobs, Fascists and conspirators Trump surrounded himself with and was shoehorning into prominent depts because they sucked up to him makes me a little bit relieved tbh .

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Redhelen likes this.
  7. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The technical term for the stripy (yellow and black) stuff was 'Fu*k' off' tape when I worked in technical theatre.:D HTH!

8. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Recorded the programme " The Trump Show- Downfall" and watched it earlier today.
    Apparently Trumps favourite film is Orson Wells " Citizen Kane". In the film Kane
    accuses the powers that be of fiddling the ballot in the State elections and urges his
    supporters to take the appropriate action. Uncannily the events accurately mirrored the final few
    days of the Trump Presidency.

Several contributors laid claims to the fact that Trump is completely " nuts", but is a very sly calculating individual
    who knows exactly how to manipulate people to gain advantage for himself.

9. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Going to watch Citzen Kane tomorrow think it's on iplayer and my daughters never seen it.

Donny Red likes this.
  10. Donny Red

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you do Helen would be pleased to hear your views and whether in your opinion, Trump
    copied the plot in his efforts to overturn Bidens election in laying claims that the vote was
    completely rigged in his opponents favour.

11. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I will.do. I've watched it ages ago but forgotten most of it.

Donny Red likes this.
  12. Donny Red

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks Helen.

13. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have u seen that the QAnon Shamen has said he’ll be a witness in the Trump senate trial.

14. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For defence or prosecution?!
    Actually either works for me given he's on record as saying he was following Trump's instructions as a defence against his own prosecution.

Redhelen and Donny-Red like this.
  15. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Prosecution. Because he's annoyed Trump didn't pardon him.

churtonred likes this.
  16. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Now Trump's defence legal team have mostly quit. Apparently, the great one still wants to argue that he won the election. For those attempting to persuade him to reason, it's difficult of course to prove a negative. But given the masses of legal actions which have failed for lack of any cogent evidence, and given that the political avenues to challenge the result by denying the certification have all been exhausted, it's reasonable now to conclude to any justifiable standard of proof that the 'stolen election' plea is disproved. Even though the impeachment trial will fail due to political fealty, I can't see the Republican Party allowing him to gain nomination again. To do so they would have to subscribe to the view that the election they were entering him for is invalid before it is held. Trump did of course try exactly that on this occasion, but I believe mainly after he had secured the nomination. Beyond that, there must surely be increasing concerns for his mental wellbeing. One way or another, I don't think we'll see him fronting a campaign again, even if he continues to make lots of noise on the sidelines.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  17. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    As my wife said.. he does not just have a 'slate loose' but no tiles on the roof whatsoever and which is open to the elements :D

Bossman likes this.
  18. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    it’s obvious, despite the attempts to cover it up, that he has a degenerative condition. The way he walks, how he grabs on to people, on down facing slopes especially, the slurs, the twitches, the repetitive limited phrases he uses.

4 years from now he’ll be well beyond being a candidate because he’ll likely be incapacitated.

Redhelen likes this.
  19. anstonred

anstonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was only a number of weeks ago that he son shouted to a rally that it was no longer the Republican Party but the Donald Trump Republican Party. Rather that continue with this lunatic, the RP should distance themselves from him. Become the “Party of Law & Order” (as they claim they are) & let justice be fully served by finding him guilty of the impeachment charges. Supporting him now sends an appalling message to US citizens

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  20. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah, but he's the next president, right? They better hurry up with his inauguration, 'cos I'm nearly out of popcorn.

Donny-Red likes this.