US presidential debate

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Redstone, Jun 28, 2024 at 2:36 PM.

1. Journo Tyke

Journo Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Would be a no brainer to have Michelle Obama running for the Democrats but wasn't to be.

I think it's a bit unfair to go OTT on Biden as being a bit of a joke on a par to Trump, which is sort of the overall vibe on the thread. Clearly the fact he's that age is ridiculous in that job, and I've long thought that surely the Dems have someone younger that could run! And he's struggled speaking in public for a while, but from the limited information and knowledge I have, he seems like a good bloke and means well, unlike his opposite number...

2. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apparently Michelle Obama doesn’t like partisan politics.

I think the right (Ted Cruz in particular) we’re pushing the idea of her running as a way of undermining Bidens popularity within his own party. It’s every day stuff really. There is always a latest ‘shocker’ which turns out to be a damp squib.

3. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In hindsight of Bidens much better performance at his rally yesterday, I’m wondering if CNN and others wish they’d not reacted as badly as they did. Fox certainly wouldn’t have gone down that route - They’d have bent over backwards to make excuses for Trump, or even lie for him.

It’s quickly calmed down and the polls will be a gauge of what, if any damage was done.

Who knows? Another episode of Trump telling lies might not have helped his own cause either.

Journo Tyke likes this.
  4. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They should both be in a nursing home, but Biden is orders of magnitude better than Trump. Look up Project 2025 - properly scary.