Wednesday signings

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jordym93, Jun 22, 2022.

1. NathanBFC94

NathanBFC94 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They will get a few years out the main ones they have tho. Only Stockdale who is 37 is likely to retire soon.

Vaulks, Bannan Ihiekwe and Smith etc. Will be there for a few seasons and be fine.

If/when they are promoted this season they will have to spend again to add as you say so the plan they have is a risky one. Blew up in their face before.

2. dod

dodgey defence Well-Known Member

Joiner
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What makes you so sure that Rotherham will go straight back up after definite relegation next season yet we can't do it ? As for goalscorers I believe that the more faith we show in Cole or Iseka the more they will repay us

Stephen Dawson and Austiniho like this.
  3. Jor

Jordym93 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    And not 1 of their single players now are good enough to chase promotion in the championship. They should of built a steady ship. They are a decent sized club i after say and for me they are gonna be in trouble mate. Dont personally wish it on any club

NathanBFC94 likes this.
  4. NathanBFC94

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Rotherham thing was tongue and cheek as under Warne that's the pattern they have followed was just a joke. If they come down again this season then there's no guarantee that they will go up again straight away but Warne has that history of managing it every time.

Iseka and Cole may come good. But history shows you need someone to bag 20 goals or so to get you up. Look at all the teams recently who have gone up, pretty much all of them have someone bagging 20 or more that season. Iseka and Cole may improve this season and be better, but none of them have ever come close to 20 goals in a season at any level they've played at. That indicates it's gunna be a pretty tough ask for one of them to manage that this season.

5. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wouldn't want them either. Smith with one goal in his last eleven games and the pair of them lacking ambition to drop a league.

Jordym93 likes this.
  6. Jor

Style:
    Barnsley
    Both 29 and if they were good enough for the championship. They would be playing there now. They are only gonna go backwards at their ages

7. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  8. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's two great signings for Wednesday but absolutely pathetic from Rotherham. They do this every time they go up and I'll be surprised if they get 30 points next season.

Anyone any idea how Wednesday have managed to afford what I imagine will be decent wages and to keep the likes of Bannan? Or is it all going to end in tears (again) soon?

9. NathanBFC94

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tbf Vaulks, Ihiekwe and Smith all should be playing in championship this season but all chose to take the biggest wage offer and drop to L1. Money talks in this game unfortunately

Austiniho likes this.
  10. Jor

Style:
    Barnsley
    Wonder who was interested. Surely lower end. Cardiff fans dont rate him. Im telling thi. If im wrong quote me. This will go wrong for them if not this season. Next 2 when they after spend and pay out again with 0 player resales

dreamboy3000 likes this.
  11. dod

dodgey defence Well-Known Member

Joiner
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with what your saying but Id guess that most teams that get promoted from lg 1 didn't sign strikers that will certainly get 20 goals +, probably more a case of stumbling across them by playing attacking winning football.

12. Jor

Style:
    Barnsley
    And all got relegated together playing with rotherham. I get it means nothing but they are lower end championship players. And upper end league 1 players but they wont get any better

13. NathanBFC94

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Last time we went up we signed Woodrow that summer and he went on to get 19 (would have been 25 without injuries easily) so it can happen. I personally just wouldn't be confident of promotion this season given our current striker options. That's not to say we couldn't and one of those couldn't score 20 odd goals but I'd be very sceptical.

There's no guaranteed 20 goal a season strikers out there that we could afford. But I'm sure there are options out there that we could get that would be more likely to do it than Cole or Iseka

14. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very good league one signings.

I feel for Rotherham fans, it’s **** losing your best players but must be even worse losing them to a local side in the league below.

15. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

Wednesday must have one of the laziest scouting systems ever…. “Who’s playing well in the local teams, who we can tempt with mega-bucks and videos of the Rumbelow’s Cup…”

Django and JamieBreweryStander like this.
  16. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't see how they can do tt. They weren't able to pay players wages 2 seasons ago, some complain about Oakwell but it's a palace compared to Swillsboro and surely the league 1 financial restrictions are in place so how can they afford it?

Austiniho and Jamo like this.
  17. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anyone any idea how Wednesday have managed to afford what I imagine will be decent wages and to keep the likes of Bannan? Or is it all going to end in tears (again) soon?
    Its going to end badly again!
    I thought they were reported losing £500,000 per week?

Redhelen likes this.
  18. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Chansiri has got them in the **** or bust position again. Albeit in league 1 this time.

Vaulks, Smith and Stockdale might get them out of this league, but it's a rebuild job again if they do. They're not getting any younger, or any better. They'll leave on a free at the end of their contract.

If the don't go up now though, they're going to in trouble again next summer.

It seems to be rinse and repeat until they've dropped through the leagues, Chansiri doesn't learn.

Redhelen likes this.
  19. ley

leythtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Big question for us is, where are Rotherham going to be doing their shopping to replace those players?

Austiniho and Redhelen like this.
  20. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I was a Wednesday fan the alarm bells would be ringing , it shows how far this massive club has fallen when they are creaming their pants over signing two ageing division one players, we are talking about fans of one of the biggest clubs in the world getting excited over Michael Smith & his pal who have got no bottle for the championship but prefer easy street , its a sad time for Wednesday .