What was your first car?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Lordtyke, Oct 20, 2019.

1. dfi

dfic Member

Malton, chair, feet up with laptop on knee
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1965 MG midget british racing green, soft top CMW327C, everything was downhill after that. Bought it for £175 before I passed my test when I was shorebased at petersfield, sold it for £150 when I got sent back to sea and the lad I sold it to wrote it off within two weeks

2. Father Benny Cake

Father Benny Cake Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I had my driving test at 2pm and had arranged to pick up a brand new Fiat Panda at 4pm from a dealers in Sheffield. Thankfully I passed the test then had my first solo drive through the Sheffield rush-hour (a proper white-knuckle ride) only to get home to a phone message that said the dealer had forgotten to put the tax-disc onto the windscreen so could I go back! Anyway, bright red Fiat Panda, the 1 ltr version not the 750.

3. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Mine was 686 GKK a1957 Austin Healey Sprite Mk 1...better known as the Frogeye Sprite.
    I bought it in about 1978 for £300...it had been off the road for a year or so and had no ignition switch and 15 disconnected wires under the dash. We towed it back from Crookes in Sheffield and my very clever old man had got it running within the hour.
    I sold it three or four years later to a couple from Derby... It was still on the road last time I looked being used for classic sports car racing.