Who wants these owners to spend their own money on BFC

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Duntpasstome, Jan 16, 2022.

?

Do you want the owners to invest their own money in to BFC?

Poll closed Jan 23, 2022.
  1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    51.1%
  1. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I do not trust the owners.

if they invest their own money to gamble on success and it fails that they will still want their money back and this would put us as a club at more risk.

I would prefer to carry on as we are where we buy young players and sell some to balance the books, no gambling with our future until a new owner can come in and not risk our club by wanting their money back in full if we are not successful.

2. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe reword it as these owners

Duntpasstome likes this.
  3. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we're as likely to go into admin under these owners whether or not they put any of their own money in.

4. Don

Donks Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I suspect they have nowhere near the amount of money that has been reported since they took over.

Even if they did, this season looks beyond salvaging. There’s no point blowing a fortune only to end up in League One anyway, but with a mountain of debt.

5. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just want us to be competitive in this division luton and Blackpool 2 argubly simliar possibly smaller clubs than us have shown it can be done within budget. These owners want to sign every player in hope of profit then take their cut? What enjoyment do fans get from that especially if they dont care about on the field success.

6. Duntpasstome

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont think you can go into administration if you dont owe any money

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  7. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Ten bob billionaires.

8. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you can lose vast sums of money buy using a scattergun approach of buying many cheap young players that get you relegated

9. Duntpasstome

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Blackpool and luton doing ok this season, next season if a player or coach want to move or not sign a new contract then msybe not.

10. Duntpasstome

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Im pretty sure that if some players are not successful then we are covered from previous sales but im sure with Anderson Helik Morris Brittain Styles Collins Woodrow we have enough player value to stay a float for the future and go again. Then we will hopefully find more new gems which may work out better than before. Who knows?

11. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with the sentiment of where you are coming from.
    Ideally I would like to see them invest sensibly to ‘prime the pump’ to quote an infamous poster.
    Not huge amounts just enough.
    In terms of risk if the club owe the Owners money, surely they would not put the club into administration for this as they would get less money back, so I if it was done right they would get back once sold(believe this is what Cryne did).

If it was for them to borrow money and saddle the club with debt to a third party, then it would be an absolute no from me.

12. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure the issue is the identification of the players that is the issue, it seems to be what we do with them is the bigger concern.

13. Duntpasstome

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the game has changed so much that a sensible amount of investment is no longer enough and priming the pumps may keep you out of the bottom 3 but not definitlely.

14. TonyTyke

TonyTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A football club should be self sufficient, so the owners shouldn't have to put their own money in.

15. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t want them to invest anything that puts us at risk financially and would allow us to owe them anything. I wasn’t comfortable that we had ‘donations’ from Patrick every year, but at least there was an element of trust there.

Too many comments online about spending money but not comments on what happens when they want that money back or if it doesn’t work. It’s ok quoting Luton and Blackpool this season, but how many seasons have we seen a Luton or Blackpool go down when we’ve been ok? Or how many times have we watched bigger spenders fail like Sunderland, Ipswich, Wednesday, etc.?

Outside of the £750k the issue with the running of the club isn’t a financial one. It’s an operational one. We’ve made some huge mistakes that are negligent from a day to day operations side - but we have been willing to invest in players until this month. But then I see the market so far still relatively quiet so I’m hopeful we’ve got news to come on 2/3 incomings.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  16. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But they're not going to keep us debt free are they? We're losing money by getting relegated for a starter, we've had to pay off Schopp.

17. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not if recruitment is done right IMO.
    Where we go wrong is we don’t have a player ready to replace an exiting player.
    If we take Mads as an example, if we were to be offered say £5m for him he would be gone, but we don’t have a player ready to step in, we go out and buy a player who has to struggle to get there initially and as a result some don’t make it.
    If the player ready to step in had enough experience/quality, the £5m would have a small amount spent on the next future first teamer, the rest back into sustaining the club.

18. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Not the point really though. The reason were not doing well is because were been used as a player trading hub were on field results dont really matter. The appalling head coach appointments, the way the fans have been treated, the shutting the west stand, the player recruitment in the summer its neglect. Looks like there trying to de value the club from the outside. Id rather they just found someone else and left if this is how they plan on running it.

19. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Owners could invest in non-playing aspect such as infrastructure etc but not on players. All clubs should do this not just us.

Stephen Dawson, Fonzie and Redhelen like this.
  20. Duntpasstome

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If someone comes along willing to buy I am sure they will be willing to move on, as the championship is proving more difficult i presume for their plan to work in than they expected. I want them to move on as I dont trust them if we go into any sort of debt as i cant see them bankrolling the club.
    Until someone comes in with an offer we need to be careful and live within our means, our means maybe league 1.

Stephen Dawson and Redhelen like this.