why all the negativity?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Brian Mahoneys Waist, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Red

Redblueunwhite Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    S T O P being positive its not wanted on here.

2. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Things have moved on since Bri. Both Barnsley and Donny apparently were asked if one of em. would move. From the saturday to either Fri or Sunday. But so many lame excuses flying around.

Donny wouldn't play sunday as the have a EFL trophy tie on the Tuesday. (Why not Friday for them ? For Accrington fans. not exactly that far to travel )

We have a ladies fixture on the main pitch on the Sunday. I have not heard if that was a last minute curveball or Arranged a while ago. If it's the former then Barnsley should be ashamed of making Horsham fans Travel On a friday night.

Police will be stretched Admittedly, Sat and sun night. (Mischievous and bonfire nights)

I genuinely don't think it was well thought out and all 3 parties need to look at themselves in spoiling one of Horshams biggest days for their fans.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  3. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for that HF.After doing a bit more research It looks like it was the FA who made the decision.

4. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not too sure about that mate. They announced it that's true. Not so sure it was they who made it.

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree that directors and board members are behaving extremely poorly too but Khaled is the CEO of the club and as such the public spokesperson. So when the club on a say to day basis is acting so poorly then in my opinion that comes down the the CEO and it isn't just recently with him. It's been a running theme since the minute he walked through the door. If he doesn't like the criticism for not speaking then the answer is simple. Speak. If he isnt allowed to then there is little point in him being at the club.

Also I thought whitey chose to stop posting rather than being banned from posting by the owners of the club.

6. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It'll be best to make a comment when its established which party it was.I'm patient enough not to throw accusations about,I'll wait for the facts.

7. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hopefully SYP will give those next week. At the joint meeting with fans groups.
    Nobody has given a full and true explanation to my knowledge mate.

8. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But do you concede that the club refusing to clarify the situation is poor form and is actually the cause of the frustrations that fans are expressing?

It's ok waiting for all the facts but when one party is refusing to give their side of a story then you have to go with the other sides that you've heard which can it be clearer.

The facts as we have them.
    SYP cannot legally ban the match from taking place on the Saturday. It can only give strong recommendations to the club's, the fa and the SAG.
    SYP requested that Barnsley or Doncaster rearranged their game.
    Doncaster 'strongly' objected to rearranging their game
    SYP were then informed by the FA that the fixtures were Doncaster on Saturday and Barnsley on Friday.
    SYP, the Fa, nor Barnsley FC have said that Barnsley objected to being moved to Friday night
    Barnsley refuse to say that they objected, instead telling the trust that the will not offer further comment.

The facts as we have it point very much to Doncaster objecting to the switch and Barnsley not objecting.

Of course if Barnsley did strongly object but we're told to basically **** off and that their protests and argument that Accrington fans can much more easily make a Friday night game than Horsham fans can then there is a very very easy way to clarify that and that's to speak. Something which they have flat out refused to do. The fault for that can only be blames on bfc, nobody else.

I would love to be positive all the time, I genuinely would. But how can I be when this is how the club act?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  9. Tykeored

Tykeored Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Yes I now you mention it I think you’re right about whitey and as I said Khaled was never the most informative but what of JAQ suddenly taking a back seat? Well, time will no doubt tell, but I do believe there’s more to all this than can be explained by poor club communications

SuperTyke likes this.
  10. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Thought that Donny were playing Saturday.

11. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In my opinion everything to do with JAQ has been strange since the very beginning (from the point of view of her connection to bfc. I'm not trying to call her strange) so I don't really find her sudden silence to be out of the ordinary at all. We don't have a new women's team to announce or a new American shirt designer to announce or anything so I wouldn't really be expecting her to say owt.

You may be right there may be something big going on behind the scenes but whatever that is doesn't imo excuse the awful lack of communication on completely unrelated matters

Tykeored likes this.
  12. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oops. Edited

13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    To be fair mate, and I'm very sensitive to this because I really believe in our current board, so any criticism feels personal: I haven't seen a lot of criticism recently. There's the odd complete nobhead like @SamBfC90 but no one listens to him. He's got nothing to say. I think most people on this BBS are being very fair. We're accumulating a of points but the performances are a bit flat. I think it's OK to say that.

14. sav

savemyday Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It wasn’t long ago though that the regular moaners on here were unhappy the women were playing on the training pitches.
    Club can do no right in the eyes of some on here.

Hooky feller and Redblueunwhite like this.
  15. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is Bonfire night such a big issue for the emergency services in Barnsley?
    I was at the Lincolnshire Fire headquarters last week and were discussing how stretched they’ve been with flooding recently & I commented about Bonfire night coming up adding to the loads and they said on the night is actually one of the quietest for them.

Hooky feller likes this.
  16. SamBfC90

SamBfC90 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Classy, it’s all opinions, I have mine, you have yours. No need for the abuse.

dodgey defence likes this.
  17. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Are you honestly questioning me about class?

18. too

toontyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Couldn’t we have had kick-offs at 12.30 followed by 4.30 pm both on the Saturday? Perhaps that would give SYP time to move police from Donny to Barnsley.

19. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like I posted on here recently, I'm well pleased with what we've done so far. We're in a good League position after the first third of the season.
    What more can we ask for ehh, especially after the sh*it Pre-season we had ?. :eek:

20. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley

I am really pleased with the amount of points we have amassed so far, and league position. We had an awful summer, as we were severely let down by Michael Duff in my opinion. I was gutted he left as I think he was a brilliant fit for the club, and is also a brilliant manager. He will go on to great things.

However, I have been underwhelmed by the performances. I am not surprised by this (see previous paragraph) and to a large extent it is understandable. I am concerned that the manager doesn't come across as particularly inspirational and I am struggling to identify a clear pattern of play from him. This could be me, not him ! That said, in recent weeks, a pattern is emerging which appears to be a lot of passing around the back line, presumably to tire the opposition. What I don't see yet is a huge amount of forward movement, which I would have thought is required for that system to work effectively. We have also lost against the better teams which would suggest we are not good enough for promotion. I also thought selling Norwood was madness, and we have replaced him with a poorer version in Watters. I was told that he fell out with Collins, whether that is true or not I don't know. I do acknowledge that we may well improve as the season goes on (like we did last season) and build momentum, which is so critical in football. If that is being negative, then so be it, but I think it is a fair assessment of our position as things stand.

There have been some other bright spots, in that the defence seems to be shoring up, and Roberts was / is outstanding. Devante has also had an excellent season. I also think Herbie Kane has been superb at times.

The most important thing, I think, is that the structure of the board has changed. This is huge and more important than what is happening on the grass. I think we have got some really good people behind the scenes, with the best interests of the club at heart. That paints a really positive long term picture.

I do think improvement is required. If we don't improve, I don't think we will get in the play offs, let alone top 2.