WORST TEAM IN THE EFL ALL THE STATS SAY - CHIEN LEE CONWAY PUPPETT CEO PUB LEAGUE MANAGER PLEASE GO

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Wath and West Melton, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The rot set in under the reluctant custodian. We still had expectancy in admin.

2. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good point.. SD

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  3. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Once you standardise to the bare minimum anything else is a bonus. Pretty much what the charlatans in charge are relying on.

4. Wat

Wath and West Melton Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They are supposedly astute high level business people. On what planet or in the real business world would the way they have treated their customers (fans) ran BFC into the ground be allowed to happen and carry on. 11000 season ticket holders will turn into 4 - 5 thousand next season. Does that not ring alarm bells that they have to change how they run the club immediately?

5th in the league playing a certain in your face style why the hell would you change that style of play for this season ? But we all know why don’t we ? Profit profit profit…,, Yes we lost a couple of key players but if they added a couple of older heads and a British manager we could have kept that style going into this season.

however, all of the above is what I have just said is from the heart of a football fan thinking about the team on the pitch and this is where the whole pack of cards falls down. These thoughts are what any fan or owners of a football club should share and should be put into action. Why change a successful playing method that got a team like ours into 5th in the league ? Our owners see us as a trading commodity platform for selling assets and cutting costs absolutely nothing more or nothing less. Profit is king absolutely nothing else matters to these owners.

I watched a CEO for over two hours dodge questions as a good as any politician. That cemented everything for me. A normal CEO even if it wasn’t on his watch would go and find out the answers not side step them and ‘before my time’ was bleated out time and time again. As long as we can now get chicken Lebanese flatbreads seemed to get him giddy at least !! what an embarrassment.

From 5th in the league to this shower is a disgrace and in my eyes it is impossible to get this bad so quickly. The way we are being ran into the ground in such a short space of time is mesmerising.

The crynes surely now need to come out of silence and do or say something about all of this ? Conway Chien lee et Al also need to come out and answer questions instead of sending out a puppet with pre scripted answers.

Very dark days are ahead at BFC unless something is done imminently. Admin or the free fall down the leagues under this lot would not surprise me at all.

Praying that the Conway out group do have potential buyers in the wings ? If so then hurry up and bring them forward before it’s too late.

5. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Yes, agree.

This has also been combined with us being conditioned to believe that having some limited loans on the balance sheet is 'unsustainable' and that making a strategic loss in any one year is 'breaking the bank'.

In fact any half decent sustainable business will have taken out limited strategic loans from time to time and most likely will have taken planned losses at stages of development in it's business cycle.

When Patrick sold the club it had £6m of loans from him on the balance sheet but those loans had enabled him to have a club that was worth at least £10m at its sale (even without the land). Imagine how much less than £10m the club would have been worth had he not personally put the resources in to bring in Hammill, Brownhill, Fletcher and Long when Johnson was propelling us headlong to division 4. Would there have even been any interested parties?

It may well be too late but we're in a similar position now in terms of staring relegation in the face. A couple of £million well spent in this window funded, say, £1.25m loan (if the tinpot billionaires won't put owt in themselves) plus the return of the £750k would imho have given us a good chance of staying up, particularly given the turmoil at Derby and the nearly as poor teams as us at Reading, Peterborough and Cardiff etc. That against the risk of up to £6m losses having to be covered or costs reduced accordingly for every season we're in division 3 seems pretty much a no-brainer business-wise.

And after all, aren't the 80%ers supposed to be capital financiers in their day jobs. So The one thing they ought to be good at is securing a loan at a dirt-cheap interest rate!

(None of which excuses the awful management and recruitment over the summer and previously).

Connor and Stephen Dawson like this.
  6. StatisTYKE

StatisTYKE Well-Known Member

Rodent Disposal Operative.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pacific Media Group is a Hawaii based media group. Paul Conway is an investment banker. Neither know anything at all about football.

Barnsley FC is a football club.

Not going to end well is it?

7. Geo

GeorgeRobledo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He’s just a puppet on a string!

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  8. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You'd have to go back to the 82-83 season. Ryhill WMC went two & a half seasons without a single point in the Nelson League.
    The team me & my mate Tony managed & played for lost to them 3-2. Even the diving header I scored ghosting in at the far post was no consolation. Ryhill celebrated like they had won the European Cup. I was only 18 at the time. I decided football management wasn't as easy as i'd thought. I tendered my resignation shortly after.

9. She

Sheriff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As someone who grew up in Ryhill, this is the sort of content I'm here for.

Is 39 years later too late for a fist pump and a shout of GTFI?

10. Tyke_67

Tyke_67 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ryhill... it's just like watching Ryhill :)

11. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm 5 foot 7 & it was the only header I remember ever scoring. I was kind of a holding midfielder, but had drifted forward. How tragic it happened on such a dark day. It was an away game. There was a short write up in the Chronicle from memory to compound my woes.

Stephen Dawson and Tyke_67 like this.
  12. She

Sheriff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The first time I recall hearing that was when Leeds fans sang it in the 3-2 defeat at Oakwell in the Premier League.

At the time that was the angriest I've ever felt leaving Oakwell after a defeat, until a certain Mr Willard showed up a few weeks later vs Liverpool.